New book

Parsnip Totin Jack

34 minutes ago, dennis said:

Must be a good library. We should probably judge libraries by their selection of pie books.

It is a good library. A block from the apartment and I can always find a good book just by browsing; like tonight. 

And yes, a pie is sugar, salt and fat but it is soo good for you. Fresh fruit, nuts, savory. All kinds of pies. I'm going to look for leaf lard at the butcher and use some European butter as it has a higher fat content with less water. I'll post pictures when I do. Spring is coming. Rhubarb pie. Blueberry. Peach. Apricot Raspberry. 

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

It is a good library. A block from the apartment and I can always find a good book just by browsing; like tonight. 

And yes, a pie is sugar, salt and fat but it is soo good for you. Fresh fruit, nuts, savory. All kinds of pies. I'm going to look for leaf lard at the butcher and use some European butter as it has a higher fat content with less water. I'll post pictures when I do. Spring is coming. Rhubarb pie. Blueberry. Peach. Apricot Raspberry. 

My MIL does bake a mean pie.  In her old age she has gotten a little lazy with the predone crusts but used to make her own.  My wife's grandmother was a phenomenal baker too.