Sigh...

ChrisL

OK so this discussion happened:

What can I get you for Father's Day? You don't need to get me anything? You got me something so I'll get you something. 

OK replace my favorite baseball cap, it's getting nasty. Why don't you just wash it? They get all misshapen when you wash it. We got that hat shaper thing, just use that and wash it. Me: Not saying damn thing as I can tell she's in a mood and whatever I respond with next will result in backlash.  A few moments of silence...

So you still haven't told me what you want!!! Oh dear lord help me...

• Awesome 1

Just finding this out? How long have you been married? Sadly, doesn't diminish over time. Today wife asked me if I would grill pork chops tonight. While I playfully acted like 'do I have to, Well OK which she is use to. Fast forward 4 hours and she asks if I would grill pork chops tonight. Asked her what my reply was earlier and she didn't recall asking.

Wife: What do you want to do for dinner?

Me: Pizza.

Wife: We had pizza earlier this week.

Me: Fine. Yo Quiero Taco Bell?

Wife: Why wont you answer the question?

Me: I thought I did. Twice.

Wife: We're not going to Taco Bell. 

Me: Then why ask what I want?

Wife: Again,,, where do you want to eat?

Me: Fine.. {I'll suggest a half a dozen other places.}

Wife: Really?

Me: Fine... Where do YOU you want to eat?

Wife: Why do you have to be so difficult?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

We're having mushroom, veggie frittata..I'm not sure if he's going to put it together or I. But I figure if I cut up the onions, everything etc., he would be happy to put it together in the pan.

We don't get into protracted conversations of what to eat /prepare nor who will do it.  He knows he's better at making seared bison or yak meat with Saskatoon berry sauce with some sort of veggie (I'm good if it's fennel or leek or asparagus or mashed celeriac), he knows and makes better salads on the fly and I'm better on any stir fry dish.

• Heart 2