Do you think our "Dear Sweet Friend" Cheese

petitepedal

I love the lotteries, or Lotto as we race fans know them, a voluntary tax, a tax on the foolish, deride them in any terms you choose but I love these people, after all, they fund so many things that I love, from art galleries to opera, orchestras, even my Botanical Gardens next door: lottery players are Great, so generous, so selflessly giving, they are the best people ?

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, pedalphile said:

I love the lotteries, or Lotto as we race fans know them, a voluntary tax, a tax on the foolish, deride them in any terms you choose but I love these people, after all, they fund so many things that I love, from art galleries to opera, orchestras, even my Botanical Gardens next door: lottery players are Great, so generous, so selflessly giving, they are the best people ?

They pay a lot of entertainment taxes.

Just now, maddmaxx said:

They pay a lot of entertainment taxes.

Like I said, they are generous to a fault, they are the tax collectors gift that keeps on giving. They know not logic, or odds, example, when the jackpot is large they have more punts? Does not compute, baby: when the pot is bigger more folk have a punt, your odds of winning decline from minuscule to almost invisible, so why? A normal week the pot is too big to spend in one lifetime, why don’t more folk have a go then? Don’t try applying any logic to it, they don’t, for which I love and thank them, for the Royal Opera, for one example, and for the new winter bedding plants going in now in the Botanicals, they will please me on a daily basis, bless em.

21 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

Like I said, they are generous to a fault, they are the tax collectors gift that keeps on giving. They know not logic, or odds, example, when the jackpot is large they have more punts? Does not compute, baby: when the pot is bigger more folk have a punt, your odds of winning decline from minuscule to almost invisible, so why? A normal week the pot is too big to spend in one lifetime, why don’t more folk have a go then? Don’t try applying any logic to it, they don’t, for which I love and thank them, for the Royal Opera, for one example, and for the new winter bedding plants going in now in the Botanicals, they will please me on a daily basis, bless em.

The odds of the balls coming up in your favor never change.  The chances you may split the pot with someone else however do.  I bought a ticket this last time.  As I said, it's entertainment, a ticket to a fantasy imagination show with the anticipation of getting "the number".  As an investment however I usually put the dollar in a can and when the value is high enough I buy a toy.

Image result for may the odds ever be in your favor

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

The odds of the balls coming up in your favor never change.  The chances you may split the pot with someone else however do.  I bought a ticket this last time.  As I said, it's entertainment, a ticket to a fantasy imagination show with the anticipation of getting "the number".  As an investment however I usually put the dollar in a can and when the value is high enough I buy a toy.

Image result for may the odds ever be in your favor

Saul’s Goode:that’s more bums on more opera and theatre seats, more funds for the health service and other good causes.