Please stop eating pig, thank you

Lisa Michelle

A salesman is lost in a rural area and stops at a farm to get directions. As he is talking to the farmer he notices a pig with a wooden leg. "How did the pig get a wooden leg?", he asks the farmer.

"Well", says the farmer, "that is a very special pig. One night not too long ago we had a fire start in the barn.

"Well, sir, that pig set up a great squealing that woke everyone, and by the time we got there he had herded all the other animals out of the barn and saved everyone of them."

"And that was when he hurt his leg?" asked the salesman.

"Oh no" says the farmer. "He was fine after that. Though a while later I was in the woods out back and a bear attacked me. Well, sir, that pig was near by and he came running and set on that bear and chased him off. Saved me for sure."

"So the bear injured his leg then," says the salesman.

"Oh no. He came away without a scratch from that. Though a few days later my tractor turned over in a ditch and I was knocked unconscious. Well, that pig dove into the ditch and pulled me out before I drowned."

"So he hurt his leg then?" asks the salesman.

"Oh no," says the farmer.

"So how did he get the wooden leg?" the salesman asks.

"Well", the farmer tells him, "When you have a pig like that, you don't want to eat him all at once."

• Heart 2

pigs can make good pets, if they were raised that way. I feel sad for you, and out of respect, I'll forgo eating any bacon for the next month. I won't touch any pork chops and while I was going to make ham and green beans this weekend, I'll make something else

18 years is along time and I know you'll miss Samson

I found Samson dead in our tent. She would have been 18 tomorrow

Your concept of time seems to be all screwed up.  In another post, you said your wife left you in 1971.  Now you say a pig you befriended as a kid would be 18 tomorrow.  No offense, but you are either insane or an outright prevaricator.

pigs can make good pets, if they were raised that way.

We have family friends who adopted a Vietnamese potbelly pig as a pet back when it was the rage 15 years ago.  Since they were idiots, they didn't know the pig they were getting wasn't a cute little Vietnamese potbelly pig, instead it was just your generic farm pig.  It grew to about 300 pounds.  There were restrictions on the types of pets one was allowed to own where they lived so they had to keep it indoors.  The pig crapped everywhere and their trailer smelled like pig crap.  We stopped visiting them around this time.  The pig started busting through the walls of their trailer so they had to get rid of it.  They ended up giving it to a farm.  I think his name was Sampson and I am sure he was very tender.

• Heart 1

We have family friends who adopted a Vietnamese potbelly pig as a pet back when it was the rage 15 years ago.  Since they were idiots, they didn't know the pig they were getting wasn't a cute little Vietnamese potbelly pig, instead it was just your generic farm pig.  It grew to about 300 pounds.  There were restrictions on the types of pets one was allowed to own where they lived so they had to keep it indoors.  The pig crapped everywhere and their trailer smelled like pig crap.  We stopped visiting them around this time.  The pig started busting through the walls of their trailer so they had to get rid of it.  They ended up giving it to a farm.  I think his name was Sampson and I am sure he was very tender.

This story is dumb.

My sister and brother-in-law adopted three pot belly pigs, after having them a year, they got tired of them.

According to them, bacon is bacon.