Shed fascia

smudge

32 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Good job!

Thanks!! I'm also proud to say I did not hit my fingers with the hammer. Honestly, I have to thank you for that. When I reported the finger smashes, you said I needed to focus better. You were right. I had been not focusing by noticing how some things were bouncing a bit with each hammer strike or wondering if that was really the right spot for that nail or whatever.  I've done a ton better ever since I have made myself focus on each hammer strike.  My fingers and I thank you.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, smudge said:

Thanks!! I'm also proud to say I did not hit my fingers with the hammer. Honestly, I have to thank you for that. When I reported the finger smashes, you said I needed to focus better. You were right. I had been not focusing by noticing how some things were bouncing a bit with each hammer strike or wondering if that was really the right spot for that nail or whatever.  I've done a ton better ever since I have made myself focus on each hammer strike.  My fingers and I thank you.

And I’m losing a nail in my left index finger.  I smacked it 6 weeks ago with a large mallet while setting a brick sidewalk.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

And you had to use those little colored aluminum nails with gloves on.  I hate nailing with gloves on.

I used gloves a little, but mostly to protect the bottom of the fascia from some hammer blows. Needed to make the fascia get jammed up into the d-edge. Worked pretty well.  The temp was good enough that I didn't need to keep the gloves on all the time. I WAS frustrated with the brown color coming off the nailheads. What's the sense of buying the matching color?!