Skirmishs, sabotages at work & being deaf

shootingstar

I must be  tone deaf or just a numb hard-ass or just stupid-naïve.  Current work group is the lst place compared to all other previous 10 employers-workplaces, where I hear now more about skirmishs, sabotages amongst some of my team members.  I don't notice a lot of this stuff myself because I don't look for it much.  Or maybe it's just doing my job and being naïve/tone-deaf and blasé about it all.

I told this person who has been feeding me her insecurities/sabotages or whatever:  it's just part of belonging to the same community of practice, same occupational group.  There will always be abit of competition.  Then I kinda shrugged it off abit.  I told her not to take it so personally.  

I often don't say much when stories are fed to me.  I wish I didn't hear it.  I'd rather live in my innocent bubble...as I have been for past 35 yrs. until ..now.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

I want to preserve my personal energy... :loveshower:

...Al Huang, the guy who used to teach me Tai Chi for a while, always made it a big point to emphasize that a master of the art will sidestep all that bad energy coming at you.  Like a bullfighter doing a pass. When you stand, stand like a willow and bend with the wind.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

11 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I must be  tone deaf or just a numb hard-ass or just stupid-naïve.  Current work group is the lst place compared to all other previous 10 employers-workplaces, where I hear now more about skirmishs, sabotages amongst some of my team members.  I don't notice a lot of this stuff myself because I don't look for it much.  Or maybe it's just doing my job and being naïve/tone-deaf and blasé about it all.

I told this person who has been feeding me her insecurities/sabotages or whatever:  it's just part of belonging to the same community of practice, same occupational group.  There will always be abit of competition.  Then I kinda shrugged it off abit.  I told her not to take it so personally.  

I often don't say much when stories are fed to me.  I wish I didn't hear it.  I'd rather live in my innocent bubble...as I have been for past 35 yrs. until ..now.

Hopefully she realizes she won't get sympathy from you and will now look elsewhere to dump her stories. Well played!