Do you ever get paella confused with polenta?

Ralphie

For the paella:

SERVES: 4

INGREDIENTS:

• 1½ cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup clam stock (use all chicken broth if you omit seafood)
  • 6 littleneck clams, scrubbed clean
  • 6 mussels, scrubbed clean
  • ½ pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 6 ounces chorizo sausage, casing removed and crumbled (homemade or nitrate free)
  • 2 chicken thighs, cubed (boneless and skinless)
  • 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon saffron threads
  • ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
  • ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
  • ¼ cup fresh parsley
  • lemon wedges for garnish

brown chicken. Brown onion.  Cook it all. Meanwhile make polenta. 

• Heart 1

No.  But I sometimes get confused about paella's pronunciation.  I'll say "pay·el·uh" and those around will respond, "pai·ei·uh."

I love it! The variety of seafood and meats and the seasoned, saffron rice is so good! The best I had was at Chez Freddy in Cannes, France.  There was so much of it we sat at an outdoor table for about an hour, eating a little, drinking a little wine, eating some more, etc. until it was all consumed.

Wow! I found a picture of Chez Freddy and it's Seafood Paella on Google Images and it brings back memories - naked women, a cute Dutch teen, and Jerry Springer! We were sitting at one of those outdoor under-the-roof tables in the 2nd picture with a good view of the street, full of interesting people including street musicians and jugglers parading by with associates holding out cans for tips.

image.png.10d60a56249efd78678632df6bfc6c99.png  image.png.4ae204f3177e03323b3c62fc4c2b1462.png

Some women in very sheer, silky, see-through clothes walked by, with their nipples showing in headlights-on condition and I asked my companion, "Is that the point? The silky dress rubs against your tits while you walk so you can display hardened nipples?"

A Dutch family sitting next to us had a 13 year-old daughter who laughed when I said that - I didn't realize she'd understand English.  "Rich," she said, "They can get away with anything."  I worried I'd be scolded for that remark but we ended up having a great conversation with the Dutch family and my companion exchanged addresses with the young girl - who was in "gymnasium" which turns out to be the name for the gifted and talented magnet schools in Holland - and who said she might want to go to college in America.  The young girl could read Greek and Latin and speak English fluently, but she said her teacher was angry that her accent was more American than English.  When we asked why her accent was American, her mother replied, "Jerry Springer and Oprah Winfrey."  My God!  Jerry Springer is the impression many foreigners get of America!

"

• Haha 1