It is always the little stuff wrenching part a whole bunch

jsharr

Fisnished Ryans build last night.  Need to fine tune shifting, but everything works.

Started my bike today.  Removed cranks and bottom bracket.  Went to install new bottom bracket and the rivet holding the cable guide to the bottom bracket shell was causing interference.  
Drilled out the rivet and removed the shift cables and found the guide was cracked, but the BB from the Trek went right in.
removed DT shifters and installed cable guides on the old DT mount.
Removed the old Shimano 600 brakes and levers and installed the new brakes and integrated shifters.
Removed the old 8 speed cassette and installed the 9 speed.
Only thing keeping us from finisihg today is the lack of a cable guide.  Yep, a $3.00 piece of plastic has the build on hold.

I wore a shirt, shorts and shoes.

Ryan wore gym shorts.

No pics were taken.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

No cuss words were uddered?  Amazing!  I didn’t think that was possible when doing mechanical work!

When teaching your son to wrench you have to get the basics down first before you move on to the advanced stuff.

• Haha 2

Just now, Razors Edge said:

:TTIWWP:

Sorry, but I was doing a lot of the work as it was my bike and I was removing and installing bottom brackets, so my hands were greasy and tool filled.

Good news is everything has fit so far with only minor issues.  Should both be rolling this week.

11 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Sorry, but I was doing a lot of the work as it was my bike and I was removing and installing bottom brackets, so my hands were greasy and tool filled.

Good news is everything has fit so far with only minor issues.  Should both be rolling this week.

Miles City has a 24/7/365 video CAM!!!!! Get 'er done!