He scores!

donkpow

Nice!

I have had four pairs of the lower waterproof version of these and was a no brainer when time to replace. Unfortunately, Merrill messed up the shoe when they went from the Moab to Moab 2. While the size was a correct fit, they deleted one of the two metal eyelets at the top while retaining the 4 fabric loop eyelets. That missing eyelet and slightly lower top was enough to not secure the foot with it's legendary "like a glove" fit, and my heal would ride up and down. Might have broken in over time but would have too much wear in the process to return, so immediately returned. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, donkpow said:

I finally got a discount on a pair of Merrell Moab II Mid Ventilator. These are very popular shoes and like never go on sale or have discounts applied. I got 20% off through ID.me.

unnamed.jpg.f63a4d2f70b5d3194c1a880b812a4b37.jpg

I was going to say I have those boots, but @Tizeye makes me think I may have the I, not the II. Now I’ll have to dig them out of the closet later to check.

• Heart 1

Some have been dissatisfied with v. II when compared with v. I.  The revision happened a while back. I bought direct so I should get the "latest greatest" if any exists. There's always a risk that a company will exploit the name recognition they achieve. The reviews are generally good, though.