Sgt Rock

jsharr

5 hours ago, jsharr said:

Will soon be Lieutenant Rock

sgt rock.jpg

Why is his right pocket all askew?  He looks sharp but from the critical eye of a former member of the Old Guard…

Hand position is off. Fingers curled, along the seam of the pants. When he makes facing movements press them hands against his pants so they don’t flail. Shirt looks pressed but too big.  He needs to “blouse” (have someone tuck the sides back & pull down the shirt so it’s not puffy. It’s really a two man operation).  If he punches the name tag through the shirt & not just the flap the pocket will sit flush.  The belt buckle, oye vey… But he’s not Old Guard so will probably pass inspection. 

I still can’t wrap my head around what’s going on with the right pocket .  Is the fourreguere screwing up the shirt?

7 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Why is his right pocket all askew?  He looks sharp but from the critical eye of a former member of the Old Guard…

Hand position is off. Fingers curled, along the seam of the pants. When he makes facing movements press them hands against his pants so they don’t flail. Shirt looks pressed but too big.  He needs to “blouse” (have someone tuck the sides back & pull down the shirt so it’s not puffy. It’s really a two man operation).  If he punches the name tag through the shirt & not just the flap the pocket will sit flush.  The belt buckle, oye vey… But he’s not Old Guard so will probably pass inspection. 

I still can’t wrap my head around what’s going on with the right pocket .  Is the fourreguere screwing up the shirt?

I caught him off guard, but I will show him this post so he can see this from an Old Guard!  I noticed the pocket thing as well and usually tell him about his J line.  He had just gotten dressed and may not have looked in a mirror yet.  I know some of his mates will straighten him out when he gets to school

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I caught him off guard, but I will show him this post so he can see this from an Old Guard!  I noticed the pocket thing as well and usually tell him about his J line.  He had just gotten dressed and may not have looked in a mirror yet.  I know some of his mates will straighten him out when he gets to school

Ahhh.  

The video comments on it but we took such pride in our uniform that when we formed up for inspection we expected perfection (“expect perfection” is a catch phrase of the Old Guard) and rarely had a gig. Me and my two besties took a picture in Blues before we all went separate ways.  My brass belt cinches are off by 1/4 of an inch and I swear to god the picture drives me nuts to this day because of it.  I was so fucking pissed I missed that, still am..

Expect perfection. 

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

He needs to gain weight. When I was in the USAF, I spent a lot of money having uniforms tailored. Then it dawned on me that the uniform was created as the USAF ideal. I spent the last few years of my career filling out those shirts and pants as intended. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

He needs to gain weight. When I was in the USAF, I spent a lot of money having uniforms tailored. Then it dawned on me that the uniform was created as the USAF ideal. I spent the last few years of my career filling out those shirts and pants as intended. 

Yeah he’s still young & will fill out. He’s not even of service age yet.

All of our dress uniforms were custom tailored.  4 sets of dress blues, 4 sets of class A’s and 4 sets of BDU’s.  Stacked & tapped boots & Coraframs, regular boots & Coraframs, regular issue boots & low quarters. 2 sets of MP duty gear, one full combat load out (TA 50?).

We cut the buttons off all of our dress uniform jackets & had one set of stripped & polished buttons. All laquer had to be removed from the brass. All of it, even the brass around citation ribbons. The snaps on leather gear had to be stripped & shined. 

We had monthly weigh ins too and you had to meet weight or would be put in the fat boy program & taken off operational status. We had to be between 5’10” - 6’2” couldn’t have a waist larger than 34” and a GT score of 115 or higher.

There was the Army standard and then there was the Old Guard Standard…

• Heart 1