Want to see what I eat?

ChrisL

• ChrisL changed the title to Want to see what I eat?
1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Want to see what a lunch looks like on my program?  Beef stock I made from beef neck bones, 4 oz of picked neck meet, three leaves of Napa cabbage shredded like noodles, one shiitake mushroom, one stalk of celery, 1/4 onion & one bundle of bok choy.  I drizzled sriracha on it. 

I had a two egg omelette with a handful of spinach, a slice of Swiss & a slice of ham for breakfast, 3.5 oz protein. 

7.5 oz of protein so far, I’ll load up with dinner to hit 15 oz goal and lots of veg. And no bread, pasta, starchy vegetables. 

Feeling really good eating this way and my glucose is really down.

IMG_1719.thumb.jpeg.9a6ef00c14873e5b07ac50b534d1e0d0.jpegIMG_1689.thumb.jpeg.55ea13485cb585fada4430647ff77857.jpeg

So besides potatoes, what else is a starchy veggie?

Soup looks good and filling.  As you know, there are so many other different types of green veggies to throw into that the base soup for more soup variations. So will this recent change in diet direction, omit certain types of pasta?

Just now, shootingstar said:

So besides potatoes, what else is a starchy veggie?

Soup looks good and filling.  As you know, there are so many other different types of green veggies to throw into that the base soup for more soup variations. So will this recent change in diet direction, omit certain types of pasta?

Potato, corn & peas mainly.  For the first 30 days they also want me avoiding root vegetables like beets & carrots. I should also be avoiding onion but I did put a little in my soup.  Also no fruit of any kind for the first 30 days.  We can add berries later.  Correct,  pasta & bread are not on the plan.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Potato, corn & peas mainly.  For the first 30 days they also want me avoiding root vegetables like beets & carrots. I should also be avoiding onion but I did put a little in my soup.  Also no fruit of any kind for the first 30 days.  We can add berries later.  Correct,  pasta & bread are not on the plan.

Right, I agree corn.  I feel it in my system how I respond too. Similar to alot of white rice.  1-1.5 cobs of corn is fine in 1 meal for me.  Interesting about ...onion. :huh:

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

Right, I agree corn.  I feel it in my system how I respond too. Similar to alot of white rice.  1-1.5 cobs of corn is fine in 1 meal for me.  Interesting about ...onion. :huh:

Oh yeah no rice either…

Sorry.  I'm having street tacos.  Browned meat, grilled and browned chopped onions, a dash of cilantro and salsa verde on 3 6" warmed flour tortillas.  Don't fill them to full as you want to be able to pinch the sides up and together to make a relatively spill proof meal.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Sorry.  I'm having street tacos.  Browned meat, grilled and browned chopped onions, a dash of cilantro and salsa verde on 3 6" warmed flour tortillas.  Don't fill them to full as you want to be able to pinch the sides up and together to make a relatively spill proof meal.

I’m making surf & turf fajitas tonight.  Just no tortillas.  

• Yum 2

Surf & turf “taco’s” for dinner.  Pre seasoned carne asada & shrimp (3 oz asada, 2 oz shrimp) seasoned with garlic, paprika & onion powder with grilled bell peppers wrapped in  lettuce sauced with a little mayo/cholula.  Mayo to ad a little fat but was probably a tablespoon total.  A side of eggplant seasoned with thyme, cumin & garlic.

I actually hit the wall 2 oz short of my 15 oz protein goal so if I get hungry later I can snack on some nuts.  This is a typical day for me now, 15 oz protein supplemented with lots of veg and no carbs.  It’s kicking the shit out of my diabetes. 

IMG_1720.thumb.jpeg.9da0aeba937e91ec5a29a454a63ea2c1.jpeg

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

@ChrisL  later, it might be worth trying to see if couscous or quinoa will be possible for you when /if transition something back after 1-2 months.

Both are no go’s…. Lots of restrictions I know but remember the goal is reducing diabetic meds via diet.  

• Heart 1