PT meltdown

petitepedal

Frustrated in trying to schedule with my PT...My PT agrees with me that rehabbing with the same PT is valuable..but it is almost impossible to get in with him..and almost impossible for an early AM or late afternoon appointment

Looks Like I will have to take 1/2 days without pay and see him mid morning or afternoon ...

I called my doctor's team to complain...they like certain PT's for recovery..and you can't  see him...I can't  see him at all the first week in April...we have me set up for 1 appointment with someone the PT suggested.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 4

Argh. That sounds super frustrating.  Those pre- and post-work slot are premium for folks with jobs, so I know how hard it can be to find the one that works without requiring taking time off.

Is the office you work at really rigidly 9-5, or could you timeshift some of the work to evening? For example, work from 11-7 instead?  Is there no one around after you leave each day? And maybe you can pitch it as a good thing to have you there later in the day once or twice a week?  Or come in earlier, go to PT, return and work later?

While it's good to have consistency, you also have to live in the real world. It's good you are trying someone else, and if you can't get appointments that work, the PTs should communicate with one another to coordinate a treatment plan

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Argh. That sounds super frustrating.  Those pre- and post-work slot are premium for folks with jobs, so I know how hard it can be to find the one that works without requiring taking time off.

Is the office you work at really rigidly 9-5, or could you timeshift some of the work to evening? For example, work from 11-7 instead?  Is there no one around after you leave each day? And maybe you can pitch it as a good thing to have you there later in the day once or twice a week?  Or come in earlier, go to PT, return and work later?

Nope..at 7pm most of the old people are done for the day...

I did decide screw it my arm is more valuable than work or pay.

• Heart 2

Glad the morning person was more helpful. Good example how a person doing just a little extra at their job can really make a difference to others