Off to Albany

maddmaxx

34 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

have a good drive.  At least it's closer than Rochester.

My first ever speeding ticket was on the Mass Pike, westbound just a little ways past 91.  Watch your speed!

Been there done that.  Fulton County court 80 mph.

Oh, obviously we're not gone quite yet.  Son informed me that there will be no movement before it's time.

• Heart 1

Trip canceled.  After making final checks of what the plan was I discovered that Albany is a mail in only facility.  This has reached stupid proportions and some serious planning has to take place before I continue to run around like a mad man.

A couple of phone calls would have preplanned this better.

7 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Trip canceled.  After making final checks of what the plan was I discovered that Albany is a mail in only facility.  This has reached stupid proportions and some serious planning has to take place before I continue to run around like a mad man.

A couple of phone calls would have preplanned this better.

Let me guess - your son isn't allowed to use your phone either :D

• Haha 2

Yes, but this is just stupid.  I spent my whole life organizing things like this and the idea of running off without making a couple of phone calls to the appropriate offices to find out exactly what is possible and what is needed is beginning to piss me off.

It's not like an 800 mile round trip or a 250 mile round trip comes free just because it's dad's time and car.  Phones calls are remarkably inexpensive.

The kid is great at travelling all around the world but he's of the generation where everything has to be his way.  

We sat in Rochester for 5 hours waiting for a document to be handled......and couldn't harass anyone with a phone call.  Finally the phone call make the document available in short order.