What Goes Up...

Razors Edge

...must come down.

Gotta say, the hills are alive in California!  I am finding my average speed is dropping as every ride out my door is up and down and up and down - at least until I get to the ocean. 

But, the positive side of things is that the uphills are followed by the downhills, and man, some of those downhills are fun :)  @donkpow will approve!  I rarely got 40+ downhills in my rides in VA unless I headed out to some of the longer descents beyond Leesburg and even those sometimes had dangerous intersections at their ends, so I would be dialing back before hitting higher speeds.

image.thumb.png.798189b0dbf5e9defc3010bd90b10c91.png

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...must come down.

Gotta say, the hills are alive in California!  I am finding my average speed is dropping as every ride out my door is up and down and up and down - at least until I get to the ocean. 

But, the positive side of things is that the uphills are followed by the downhills, and man, some of those downhills are fun :)  @donkpow will approve!  I rarely got 40+ downhills in my rides in VA unless I headed out to some of the longer descents beyond Leesburg and even those sometimes had dangerous intersections at their ends, so I would be dialing back before hitting higher speeds.

image.thumb.png.798189b0dbf5e9defc3010bd90b10c91.png

You should go north and ride with Mr. Beanz.  He'd love to chat with you and take some video.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

You should go north and ride with Mr. Beanz.  He'd love to chat with you and take some video.

He and Chris are a bit north.  Depending on my length of stay here and flexibility in schedules, Chris is on my list, and even a Beanz ride would be fun - especially GMR/Baldy. 

17 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

He and Chris are a bit north.  Depending on my length of stay here and flexibility in schedules, Chris is on my list, and even a Beanz ride would be fun - especially GMR/Baldy. 

Yeah man hit me up.    

Beanz  offered to take me on GMR and  I was in contact with him for a meet up before things went south.  We could still ride it though, I know the parking areas and it’s basically an out & back. 

3 minutes ago, dennis said:

You should come ride in the mountains. We start 6300 ft and go up from there. Hitting a cattle guard at 40+ is fun. 

I do tend to thrive in that sort of setting :D  I'll be out there eventually.  With our friends in CO offering us their Breckenridge place when we likely travel back across the US, I am looking forward to those sorts of rides.  I bet WY has equally fun stuff!

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I do tend to thrive in that sort of setting :D  I'll be out there eventually.  With our friends in CO offering us their Breckenridge place when we likely travel back across the US, I am looking forward to those sorts of rides.  I bet WY has equally fun stuff!

In a month or so we can hit up Big Bear.  It’s about 6.5 thousand feet and the elevation isn’t debillitating but you will feel it.  

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah man hit me up.    

Beanz  offered to take me on GMR and  I was in contact with him for a meet up before things went south.  We could still ride it though, I know the parking areas and it’s basically an out & back. 

I think GMR is likely a "start out together, but quickly become a solo ride" sort of thing.  Pacing a long climb is definitely an individual thing, whereas a more normal "flatter" ride is more social and conducive to chatting and seeing an area.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I think GMR is likely a "start out together, but quickly become a solo ride" sort of thing.  Pacing a long climb is definitely an individual thing, whereas a more normal "flatter" ride is more social and conducive to chatting and seeing an area.

We could still ride SART or at least portions of it.  Riding a bike freeway is kinda trippy and you can experience the ass hattery that is SART.  Guys drafting you, take off, fade, you pass them again & they latch on your wheel...  

• Awesome 1