Lifetime pass in hand

Parsnip Totin Jack

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

If you lose it, how do you replace it?  I figured keeping that safe for the next 30+ tears might be a PITA.

But, yeah, great to have it!  I will get one as soon as I can.

You lose it, you have to buy another one. Incur the risk of ownership. 

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

You lose it, you have to buy another one. Incur the risk of ownership. 

Ouch!

Honestly, there are few things I mind buying each year less than my annual park pass.  It is money well spent, and supports one of the best things we've got :)

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

The annual pass is a good investment if you use it. Being close to many National Parks like Skyline, Great Falls, Antietam, Gettysburg, etc made it worthwhile.  I’ve been looking forward to getting the lifetime pass for a long time.

Three uses in the next thirty years???? Or is it four now?  We can do that in a month.  Of course, we usually enter Great Falls from the road on the VA side, or by the C&O on the MD side, so we don't get much use from the pass there.  But a LIFETIME pass, man, that is PURE GOLD!

My brother in law got one before they raised the price in 2017, but even at the new price, it's a great investment.  But I give each him a NYS park pass each year for Christmas and I think they tend to use that one more just because there are more local parks that they can use for fun day trips. 

Congrats, I hope you have many fun trips to the parks ahead, Old No 7!

• Heart 1

Once I'm traveling again, I'm going to get the Senior National Park Pass.  Not only do I want to see the parks across the country, there are four parks in MD including Antietam Battlefield (which otherwise charges $10: also within 2 hours of me Gettysburg, Fredericksburg, and Chancellorsville are free) and Chesapeake and Ohio Canal as well as Harper's Ferry, WVA.

Note that it's not just a pass for the person holding it, it's for everyone in the vehicle he/she is riding in!

There are four for-pay parks in my County and I've got the Lifetime Senior Pass for those that also are for everyone in the vehicle and they've already paid for themselves on days when I babysat my nephews when they were little: helping wash a kid (baby goat) on a demonstration farm, going to the beach on the Chesapeake, exploring trails that pass by peregrine falcon exhibits, catch and release fish ponds, etc.

32 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Once I'm traveling again, I'm going to get the Senior National Park Pass.  Not only do I want to see the parks across the country, there are four parks in MD including Antietam Battlefield (which otherwise charges $10: also within 2 hours of me Gettysburg, Fredericksburg, and Chancellorsville are free) and Chesapeake and Ohio Canal as well as Harper's Ferry, WVA.

Note that it's not just a pass for the person holding it, it's for everyone in the vehicle he/she is riding in!

There are four for-pay parks in my County and I've got the Lifetime Senior Pass for those that also are for everyone in the vehicle and they've already paid for themselves on days when I babysat my nephews when they were little: helping wash a kid (baby goat) on a demonstration farm, going to the beach on the Chesapeake, exploring trails that pass by peregrine falcon exhibits, catch and release fish ponds, etc.

FYI - you can buy them at all the National Parks that charge an entrance fee for $80. If you buy through NPS.gov there is a $10 processing fee. 

• Heart 1