Our Project

Zealot

8 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

It’s gorgeous! Happy camping, Z’s. 

Thank you. 😊. I checked the forecast earlier for where we’ll be. Calling for possible storms all week. But that’s ok. I’m looking forward to rest.  😊 

That’s awesome. We are looking at getting a camper this fall or buying a 7 window bus and converting it into a camper. It’s taken about 20 years of marriage to talk the wife into camping with me. 😂

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

That’s awesome. We are looking at getting a camper this fall or buying a 7 window bus and converting it into a camper. It’s taken about 20 years of marriage to talk the wife into camping with me. 😂

Awesome!

Mrs Z has camped with me since we started dating. We’ve always done backpacking/tent camping. We’ve talked about a pop up for years. We’re aging and now was just the time.

Would very much enjoy seeing what you guys get and how you convert it!  

3 hours ago, Zealot said:

Awesome!

Mrs Z has camped with me since we started dating. We’ve always done backpacking/tent camping. We’ve talked about a pop up for years. We’re aging and now was just the time.

Would very much enjoy seeing what you guys get and how you convert it!  

I love to tent camp, but my wife is more of the camper and not roughing it person. 
we are looking at an E-Pro 20BHS

full solar, and 3 30gal tanks. Mostly meant for boon docking and staying off grid. 

• Heart 1

44 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

I love to tent camp, but my wife is more of the camper and not roughing it person. 
we are looking at an E-Pro 20BHS

full solar, and 3 30gal tanks. Mostly meant for boon docking and staying off grid. 

Those are sweet. 😊 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Zealot said:

Ok @KrAzY,I had to look up the term ‘boondocking’. Heck, that’s what wilderness backpacking is - without a camper. 😊 

Lots of undeveloped sites in the Jemez mountains nearby, just up the forest roads a ways, where people pull up a camper and spend a few days. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Zealot said:

Ok @KrAzY,I had to look up the term ‘boondocking’. Heck, that’s what wilderness backpacking is - without a camper. 😊 

Look for locations owned by the bureau of land management. They allow 14 days free camping 

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Oh trust me, I used BLM land a lot when I lived out west!  😊 

Some of my favorite spots are the BLM land.. knowing there’s nothing there keeps a lot of people at the regular campgrounds

Just now, KrAzY said:

Some of my favorite spots are the BLM land.. knowing there’s nothing there keeps a lot of people at the regular campgrounds

Absolutely. I drove through the desert out past the Moapa Indian Reservation in Nevada. Where we stopped, we could have stayed forever. There were no people. 😊 

• Heart 1