Springwood….wedding venue?

Allen
Go to solution Solved by Further,

My buddy Clayton just put a rock on his girl’s finger. I offered him Springwood as a venue but his girlfriend has other plans. So Clayton has been looking at every weeding venue within 100 miles. And now he thinks I should turn Springwood into a wedding venue. Says I could get $20k a night during lighting bug season. And then cater to the outdoor/redneck demographic during trout season. Get married by the waterfall, and then hold the reception by the pond and pass out fishing rods.

It’s a thought. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Allen said:

That is my number one concern. 

And if your buddy is just pulling that number out his ass, then it would be a real annoyance to make the efforts to get this off the ground and find out the number is actually $5k, not $20k.  I don't know how you get folks interested and committed and putting down the $20k without first making some investment of time, money, and energy in advance. 

But, there is a real need for unique and nice places for weddings, so your place may actually be a great spot.  Just usually not as simple as folks NOT doing the work (Clayton) telling you how easily you can pull in $20k a night.  But, he may be right (to some degree)!

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And if your buddy is just pulling that number out his ass, then it would be a real annoyance to make the efforts to get this off the ground and find out the number is actually $5k, not $20k.  I don't know how you get folks interested and committed and putting down the $20k without first making some investment of time, money, and energy in advance. 

But, there is a real need for unique and nice places for weddings, so your place may actually be a great spot.  Just usually not as simple as folks NOT doing the work (Clayton) telling you how easily you can pull in $20k a night.  But, he may be right (to some degree)!

His argument for $20k was mine would be the only venue with a lighting bug symphony. He may be a bit high on his estimate. Most of what he’s been looking at is in the $12-$14k range. 

Investment into infrastructure would be needed no doubt. 

51 minutes ago, Further said:

I'm sure that to get top dollar you have to do a lot more than just provide a space. Kitchen facilities, bathroom facilities, parking, lighting, fancy decorating....

Agreed. Fancy room for the bridezillas to put on makeup