Maybe RG Can Give Us A Play-By-Play

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by Randomguy,

...of his and RO's meals this weekend.  Things like what was on the menu, what was actually eaten, and the duration of each meal.

Rewards? Punishments?  Was TV or coloring books part of the fun? Was any of it done at restaurants? Was there any "I don't like that!" or a challenge to food options?

Did he apply our wise advice or ignore it wholesale?

@Randomguy???

• Awesome 1

6 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...of his and RO's meals this weekend.  Things like what was on the menu, what was actually eaten, and the duration of each meal.

Rewards? Punishments?  Was TV or coloring books part of the fun? Was any of it done at restaurants? Was there any "I don't like that!" or a challenge to food options?

@Randomguy???

It worked, at least in the day in a half that I had the hourglass (actually, it is an hour and two-minute glass - I timed it).   She became competitive with the glass as time was expiring.

Woot!

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Next step.

His real next step is to develop some damn play-by-play skills!!!

This was a SIMPLE request:

Things like what was on the menu, what was actually eaten, and the duration of each meal.

• Solution
33 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

His real next step is to develop some damn play-by-play skills!!!

This was a SIMPLE request:

Things like what was on the menu, what was actually eaten, and the duration of each meal.

I told her what I described in the thread about this.  One hour.  Chew or die.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

To preserve the evidence, I marked this as the "solution"!

I really did do exactly as I said.  Her mother has always let her watch tv whilst eating (her mom does a whole host of illogical and ridiculous things).  Anyway, I told her that food not eaten within prescribed time triggers described consequences, and activities shut down and options removed.  I also explained why it cannot continue, because I like explanations and the reason behind them, and figure it is the right thing to do.  So far, so good, fingers crossed for good outcome.

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I really did do exactly as I said.  Her mother has always let her watch tv whilst eating (her mom does a whole host of illogical and ridiculous things).  Anyway, I told her that food not eaten within prescribed time triggers described consequences, and activities shut down and options removed.  I also explained why it cannot continue, because I like explanations and the reason behind them, and figure it is the right thing to do.  So far, so good, fingers crossed for good outcome.

I get her for the last couple of days of the month and the first week of September, so I can really work on her and get this squared away.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I get her for the last couple of days of the month and the first week of September, so I can really work on her and get this squared away.

I hope it goes well for you both. My kids were eaters, and we still have to work with #2 son about stuffing his mouth, trying to swallow without chewing first, and eating past being full. Food habits and table manners are important, but it’s hard to sort out bad habits. It feels personal. 
Anything you can do to keep it business instead of personal would probably help in the long run. The hourglass was a good idea, especially if there’s cool stuff to do after time’s up.