I wish

Parsnip Totin Jack

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

My milkweed is starting to grow after many failures

I think the path going from my place to Chipotle/Chick-fil-a/Starbucks/etc. is overrun with hogweed right now!  At least it isn't that giant version that causes skin burns.

I'd gladly trade some hogweed for that milkweed!

• Heart 1

Just now, Further said:

Hi Hip'

Glad you are having a great summer   :party:

It's good, but too hot.  Paddling today at this small lake.  HAHA, we tried to paddle another lake that was busier a few days ago.  So, there we are trying to stand up on these things, and boats are making waves and it was windy too.  It was challenging.  People that can ride thee things in the ocean are fantastic.  I'll get better at it.  

The hard oart about trying new things, is sucking at them in the beginning.

• Heart 1

Thanks for posting. It is always good to hear from you. Not too hot for baking. A friend gave me a dehydrator. I'm using it today for the first time. Three pints of blueberries, 1 1/2 pints raspberries, and a lot of cherries. We will see how this goes. Also making sourdough English muffins (two dozen). The garden is doing well, not as large as yours, but it is protected from deer. Four varieties of tomatoes and just beginning to show fruit, zucchini, cucumbers (for pickles) are going gangbusters. I've made six pints of pickles so far. Basil, jalapenos, ghost peppers, and nasturtiums round out the rest of the garden. I am trying sauerkraut for the first time this weekend. If that goes well, I will try kimchi and sour pickles. Lacto fermentation is my new classroom.

• Heart 2

55 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I think the path going from my place to Chipotle/Chick-fil-a/Starbucks/etc. is overrun with hogweed right now!  At least it isn't that giant version that causes skin burns.

I'd gladly trade some hogweed for that milkweed!

We will see.  I do live in a dry climate, so it is against bad odds.