So bringing by bank manager

shootingstar

..much to my bewilderment, a bank employee sold some of my shares, when I explicitly said in my email that I just wanted to know my options.. any trading has been frozen for past year.  I was not at all asked as a customer, for permission from him, for certain action. I informally said that my brother-in-law who was a securities lawyer with the Ontario Securities Commission thought there might be some value to the shares and advised I collect more info.

Now, this triggered my appointment originally with just bank employee, to include his bank manager.  I didn't ask to see /talk to the bank manager. B)

Hmmm....either I'm going to get hammer "this is how it is" or something slightly different.  Whatever, in future I plan to minimize exposure of getting "advice" from this bank.

My BIL was 1 of the lawyers with the regulatory body for market regulation of mutual funds.  The OSC is the strongest and largest Canadian regulatory body on securities and stock market oversight /enforcement. They are also involved with any company going IPO on the Toronto Stock Exchange TSX, or become a publicly listed company in CAnada.  Similar to SEC in the U.S.

18 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Maybe the manager is needed to fix the problem caused by the mistake.

WEll, the mistake /the action so far, has resulted in my portfolio.  It felt like this puppy did not EVEN pay attention to the email and too action-oriented. So there was this action with no permission from me,  and no one from bank told me....until I checked my portfolio a few days later.  which I do as a habit anyway.