Today the septic tank was pumped out.

Bikeguy

We have been in our almost new home for 5 years and 2 months.   I figured it was time.  I don't need problems with the tank, leach field, etc..   

On Thursday 3/7 I called and told the scheduler I'd like the tank pumped out in 1 to 2 weeks.   I'm told...  'I'll call you back and let you know when we will be there.'  :)

Yesterday I decide I better find the tank.   So I spent some time pounding fiberglass driveway markers into the ground.  I found the tank.  :)

Then I wondered why the septic pumping scheduler didn't call me back.  Yesterday afternoon I called again.   'The guy will be there tomorrow afternoon.'   Thanks for the advance notice.  :angry:

So then I spend the next hour digging down to the septic tank cleanout ports.  

Now I have all of the measurements to the center of each port.  In 5 of 6 years it will be easy to find. 

The guy came today and about 1 1/2 hours later he was finish.   I filled in the holes and put the grass back like sod.  It should rain tomorrow and Thursday.   

The end.  

septic.thumb.jpg.c361cd8c425c16f3c23e5b766d9a0cd3.jpg

• Heart 4

59 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

We have been in our almost new home for 5 years and 2 months.   I figured it was time.  I don't need problems with the tank, leach field, etc..   

On Thursday 3/7 I called and told the scheduler I'd like the tank pumped out in 1 to 2 weeks.   I'm told...  'I'll call you back and let you know when we will be there.'  :)

Yesterday I decide I better find the tank.   So I spent some time pounding fiberglass driveway markers into the ground.  I found the tank.  :)

Then I wondered why the septic pumping scheduler didn't call me back.  Yesterday afternoon I called again.   'The guy will be there tomorrow afternoon.'   Thanks for the advance notice.  :angry:

Now I have all of the measurements to the center of each port.  In 5 of 6 years it will be easy to find. 

The guy came today and about 1 1/2 hours later he was finish.   I filled in the holes and put the grass back like sod.  It should rain tomorrow and Thursday.   

The end.  

septic.thumb.jpg.c361cd8c425c16f3c23e5b766d9a0cd3.jpg

You should add risers since you have them open.

• Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

You should add risers since you have them open.

I thought about that.  The only risers I found were ugly.  I'd rather have grass and dig the holes.   

I'll regret that if I ever need to dig down to the tank in January.   

3 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

The end.  

How much?  You could pay $110 a month to the city to haul away your shit like I do.  I bet yours was cheaper.

34 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

How much?  You could pay $110 a month to the city to haul away your shit like I do.  I bet yours was cheaper.

You have to have sewer lines to your house for that privilege. We don't living 4 miles from town. With our irrigated ground we have a high water table, thus we have to have a mound drain field. Water moves from the septic tank to the grey tank, and then is pumped into the mound drain field.

44 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

I'd have to look, but the septic system probably cost me about $10K.

I'll get the bill in the mail probably in a week. Not sure what it will be.  I've used this company for  years. I just asked them to do it.  I'll guess $400. :scratchhead:

So in 8 or 9 years my cost will be cheaper. Unless something bad happens to the leach field and/or tank. It's unlikely, but shit happens.  ;)

2 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

I'd have to look, but the septic system probably cost me about $10K.

I'll get the bill in the mail probably in a week. Not sure what it will be.  I've used this company for  years. I just asked them to do it.  I'll guess $400. :scratchhead:

So in 8 or 9 years my cost will be cheaper. Unless something bad happens to the leach field and/or tank. It's unlikely, but shit happens.  ;)

$400 sounds about right. I once paid $600 in a shotgun operation.  I need an inspection quick.  It's gross and stinks like hell poo but in the long run you save $$$.  Unless unexpected shit happens as you mention.

9 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

I thought about that.  The only risers I found were ugly.  I'd rather have grass and dig the holes.   

I'll regret that if I ever need to dig down to the tank in January.   

Like I did this year, but I have risers.  They are ugly but very useful and you can do a bit of landscaping around them to hide them.

I will have to deal with this poo tank soon but I have options. 

Loves truck stop $10

Flying J $5 with Good Sam card

Camping World...Free

The city that I live in has a place to dump for free. 

We usually dump at Camping World because it's free, it's right next to the interstate and we pickup any supplies that we need. 

• Like 1