The power is out here...

Bikeguy
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

The power went out at 11:55 AM.   I took a short drive and found pole with the top broken off.  The road was closed a electric utility trouble crew was there and the fire department was there too.

I suspect an insulator failed and power was going to ground thru the crossarm and the pole burned where the bolts thru the pole  that hold the crossarm brace. 

It looked kind of like this, without the fire.

Thousands lose power across Perth as overnight rain sparks pole fires - ABC  News

I deployed my generator. at 12:55 PM,  I only filled it with 2 gallons of gas (good for 4 hours)

I will need to add gas soon.

• Awesome 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

Power was back on at 6:40 PM.   So the power was off for 6 hours and 45 minutes.   The generator was used for 5 hours and 45 minutes.  Our house has a well, it nice to be able to flush.  And it nice to have the furance on too.

Ameren still didn't provide a reason for the outage.  We did a better job at explaining power outages to customers.  I'm going to provide 'coaching' suggestions when I get their survey in a few days about the power outage.  :whistle:

The cable (our internet) was out for maybe 3 or 4 hours too.   The cable was on the same pole.  

• Heart 1
  • Like 1