Wout van Aert

petitepedal

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Ouchie..ouchie..ouchie

And so ends 2024 for him :(

Nah, he is gonna race this year, just not the classics.  Just a collarbone and some ribs, he'll be on a trainer in week or so, I bet, and on the road training again in three weeks.

So, do you pronounce Wout Van Aert like 'Wout jsharrt', or like 'Wout Van Urt'?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Nah, he is gonna race this year, just not the classics.  Just a collarbone and some ribs, he'll be on a trainer in week or so, I bet, and on the road training again in three weeks.

So, do you pronounce Wout Van Aert like 'Wout jsharrt', or like 'Wout Van Urt'?

It will be interesting to see how the focus for the year changes (for him) but also how Visma sorts out the full calendar for their team. I feel like 2023 was PEAK Visma, so 2024 will be a letdown season for them - especially as the Kiss story won't be repeated, and Vingegaard is not a super "cool" cyclist.  Wout was always a great "extra" for the team - in monuments, stage races, and for stage wins in the grand tours.  Luckily for them, they have other strong "#2" guys, but unlucky for them that UAE, Ineos, and several other teams are starting to figure them out. Like Ineos tactics that worked until they didn't, Visma might be approaching that same sort of shift.

• Heart 1

Just now, sheep_herder said:

For sure!  I think he's gonna help that improving Ineos team as a threat that can be combined with Pidcock or others.  We'll see if he is the lead for the Giro or Vuelta instead of on the TdF team, but definitely happy he is recovering near to his old form.

• Heart 1