Talked to Karen tonight

petitepedal

She and Margaret raised their families nextdoor to each other and were close friends..Karen is in her mid 80's..did dialysis for several years..but has had some health problems..and she is saying...No More..she is on hospice. Karen lived here..Margaret  moved here about the same time I did..Karen was next door. On the board...and always playing cards..especially bridge.

Some other folks visited her earlier today..and gave her my wishes..she asked me to call...

I am guessing a couple weeks..

I have also heard beloved Jack will not return his apartment at work..his cancer is progressing.

I am tired of all this loss business....and it's just going to continue.:(

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 4

For sure. I don’t know how you’ve borne so much for so long already. Work and at home. 

I also have aging neighbors and I’ve watched the ambulance arrive a few times. But I’m not close to any of my neighbors other than a few conversations at the mailbox or while gardening out front. A friendly notice that we’ll be out of town. I don’t know their health. It was a surprise to me that Sheri across the street uses marijuana for the pain of her rheumatoid arthritis. 

My MiL in her mid80s has friends who live in a 55+ apartment building nearby. They like it and have asked her to consider moving there, but my MiL doesn’t want to have neighbors who are the same age as she is and she likes her house. She likes visiting with her older friends, but wants to take a break from them, too. 

• Thank You 1
  • Hugs 1

The hardest part of aging is losing those you love and having the world get a little smaller with each loss. As @Wilbur noted, the people who go out of their way to help keep the world a bit more friendly and active for those most in need are a real blessing.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1