When I am reincarnated..

Wilbur

Fuck of and die, and then come back to me when you are reincarnated. 

Reincarnation is bullshit, so it's not surprising that you believe it's real. 

Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

Btw, I used to think you were an just an asshole. I never thought you were a fool too. 

​...your problem is that you assume stuff according to your own fantasies that are not present in the real world.  Show me where i said I believe reincarnation is the real deal.  All I've said is that I'm smarter than you, and thus not ready to rule it out.  And in keeping with this, you assume I'm an asshole, when all I really am is someone who often disagrees with your simple minded view of the world, Ace.

Par for the course, I'm sure.:)

• Heart 1

Btw, I used to think you were an just an asshole. I never thought you were a fool too. 

​I don't think he said it was real.  I believe he indicated uncertainty about it being unreal.  I too do not know if it's real or not......or for that matter whether you are real or not.............I think I'm real, but that begs the question of what is real.

Follow that?

• Heart 1

​...yes you did. And if you want to probe the history and technical details of Christmas, it is not nearly as simple as you've made it out to be.  There are human winter solstice traditions that predate written history, and the idea that the early Christians might want to assume a new tradition and meaning for those celebrations serves well to explain the calendar placement.

So in the true spirit of peace on earth and good will toward man, bite me.:mellow:

Constantine adopted Christianity but in order to try to keep the republic together decided to appease the traditional Roman views and celebrate certain Christian traditions along with Pagan traditions - which is mostly why Christmas is celebrated during Yule.

• Heart 1

​..and a simple thread of appreciation for a musician thread becomes a somewhat interesting reincarnation thread and down the crapper it goes.  Thanks for showing up. 

• Heart 1

How can we test the reincarnation theory?  The going-to-heaven theory?  The anything-other-than-decomposition theory?  Oh yeah, we can't, there is no data, as in zero, as in none, as is you-gotta-be-some-special-kind-of-idiot-to-think-you-know-a-damn-thing-about-what-happens-other-than decomposition-after-death.

Is that definitive enough to jump start the forum into life today?  It seems really slow to me, is it really slow?

• Heart 4

How can we test the reincarnation theory?  The going-to-heaven theory?  The anything-other-than-decomposition theory?  Oh yeah, we can't, there is no data, as in zero, as in none, as is you-gotta-be-some-special-kind-of-idiot-to-think-you-know-a-damn-thing-about-what-happens-other-than decomposition-after-death.

Is that definitive enough to jump start the forum into life today?  It seems really slow to me, is it really slow?

​Really slow. Almost dead.  Maybe the forum can report back on what happens after death. :)

​Really slow. Almost dead.  Maybe the forum can report back on what happens after death. :)

​I have been uninspired, jaded even.  Summer blahs?

When Refugee Rat was dying, I asked her to send me a sign, or haunt me, or something, so I could say hello to everyone for her.  She didn't.  She would have, we got along great, she was cool like that.

Edited by Randomguy™

​...if, as you say, you-gotta-be-some-special-kind-of-idiot-to-think-you-know-a-damn-thing-about-what-happens-other-than decomposition-after-death, then what does a pronouncement about the impossibility of it imply ? 

Well that was interesting.  Write a new post and have the cache reproduce an old one.
This is in response to the random guy.
I don't think anyone in this discussion knows whether or not reincarnation is real.  It is simply a concept that due to poor communication systems operation on the other side relies on faith and conjecture to keep it under discussion,

Edited by maddmaxx

​...if, as you say, you-gotta-be-some-special-kind-of-idiot-to-think-you-know-a-damn-thing-about-what-happens-other-than decomposition-after-death, then what does a pronouncement about the impossibility of it imply ? 

​I think it would imply previously unrevealed unique knowledge of the habits of the dead, or it would imply that you believed the likelihood of this being so low as to be considered unpossible.

I never said any of that, just that the sum total of what happens after death that is known is as Bosox said.  Other than that, I can't say with any authority, nor can anyone else.

​I have been uninspired, jaded even.  Summer blahs?

When Refugee Rat was dying, I asked her to send me a sign, or haunt me, or something, so I could say hello to everyone for her.  She didn't.  She would have, we got along great, she was cool like that.

So, would you have accepted RR's haunting as evidence?