Waiting for the light

Dirtyhip

6 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

tick, tock

Bike is prepped.  Shock pressures are ideal. Stanchions are wiped down.  Drive train is quiet. 

Mt. Stukel assault today, alone.  The dirt and gravel should be very stable. It will be a good day for hunting crowns.

Well, how did it go? I have to live vicariously; sitting at work all day, and it's really nice outside.  :( 

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, smudge said:

Well, how did it go? I have to live vicariously; sitting at work all day, and it's really nice outside.  :( 

It was a very very fruitful hunt. I was going pretty fast on this one section.  Speed is something that gets me off, so I get a little carried away.  I got some speed wobble and somehow got the bike under control.  Scared the crap out of me at the speed I was going.  I got to the bottom and kissed my handlebar and said "Thanks for staying upright, Brutus."

I really need to invest in Ice dot.

8 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

All the same, please be careful! 

I once read an article about this guy Jack who fell down and broke his crown, and his friend Jill came tumbling after. :biker:

Leave it to you for a thoughtful quip.  Love it.

• Heart 2

Oh, kinda funny.  So, I was listening to this Ice Cube, Predator album on you tube.  Anyway, it stopped and started playing weird stuff, like movie orchestra.  I could NOT stop.  To stop meant giving up on the quest.  The uphill crown is a nonstop one hour climb of about 2600 ft. I just pressed my button on the headphone to stop playing anything, and figured I would just suffer boredom for the last 30 minutes.  I got to the top and looked at my phone.  It had opened like 5 windows and almost ordered a bunch of random shit on amazon.

Oh, and some a-hole hunter came straight at me and gave me no room at all.  To the ditch, Bitch. I just smiled through my helmet facehole and gave the peace sign as I rode back out of the deep gravel on the side. Undeterred.

And sport beans have this very strange B vitamin flavor. Yuck. I gobbled them down anyway. 

It was very cold at the top.  I took a couple pics.  let me get my phone.

3 minutes ago, smudge said:

Whoaaaaaa, suuuper cool! Ha! You ride above the clouds, I ride mucking through swamps!

I am very thankful for my geography.  It makes it easy to want to be a mountainbiker.  Ride up, haul ass down.

I parked at the level where those farms are. They look so tiny. 

4 minutes ago, smudge said:

Holy crap. You ARE a beast!  :)

Thanks, my friend.  This is what a 2600 ft climb looks like. 

Some of it is so steep.  It is total concentration to not come off the pedals.  Misery.

About 3000 ft yesterday and 2700 ft today.  I put in some effort this weekend.  Earned 7 QOM crowns.  We will see how long they stand.  Competing is damn fun.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Glad you had a successful (albeit somewhat scary) day!  Also glad you kept wheels to the ground and arrived in one piece!!  :nodhead:

A couple of corners it was like spraying gravel off the mountain.  Laying it over and cornering hard.  I bet it would have looked rad on film.

I should slow down.