Speaking Of Dogs...

ChrisL

We had a horrible incident yesterday with Jack.  My daughter's future MIL came by to drop some things off and asked for Jack as she loves him and he comes over to her house frequently.

I was inside so my wife asked me to bring him out through the garage. So I scooped him up and walked him out.  MIL's window was down so I put Jack through the window on her lap.  He was perfectly calm until I put him on her lap... The poor guy started shaking uncontrollibly!?!?!?  He  just sat there shaking with this look of fright so she opened the door so we could get him and he bolted right into the house and ran upstairs to his bed.

We calmed him down but I wonder if maybe he thought we were giving him up?!?!

11 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

We had a horrible incident yesterday with Jack.  My daughter's future MIL came by to drop some things off and asked for Jack as she loves him and he comes over to her house frequently.

I was inside so my wife asked me to bring him out through the garage. So I scooped him up and walked him out.  MIL's window was down so I put Jack through the window on her lap.  He was perfectly calm until I put him on her lap... The poor guy started shaking uncontrollibly!?!?!?  He  just sat there shaking with this look of fright so she opened the door so we could get him and he bolted right into the house and ran upstairs to his bed.

We calmed him down but I wonder if maybe he thought we were giving him up?!?!

Where does Jack stay when you guys go on vacation?  Does he like car rides?  Did you guys take him to the vet recently in the car?

Tough to know what those dingoes are thinking about in their little melons, but there usually is some sort of cause/basis for the shaking. My dog has super-hearing, so she hears "bad" stuff like UPS truck or the trash truck way before we do, and she immediately retreats to her safe spot.

Tom

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Where does Jack stay when you guys go on vacation?  Does he like car rides?  Did you guys take him to the vet recently in the car?

Tough to know what those dingoes are thinking about in their little melons, but there usually is some sort of cause/basis for the shaking. My dog has super-hearing, so she hears "bad" stuff like UPS truck or the trash truck way before we do, and she immediately retreats to her safe spot.

Tom

We've never taken an entire family vacay so he has been home with usually my daughter.  She will often bring him to her MIL's and they spoil him rotten when we leave so he knows her. 

Loves car rides but always sits back seat.  No recent vet trips or anything traumatic.  Car rides mean walks so he normally hauls ass into the car.

Yeah don't know what happened to him before or what it triggered but it wasn't good.