Well, that hurt!

tybeegb

WofTy had moved her orchids from the shelves to the floor of her little winter enclosure.  I had removed all of the other plants and left those there as instructed.  I could walk around and water them as I had left plenty of room to do so.  Instead of moving the ones that were higher up that she had trouble reaching, she moved them all to the floor and moved the shelving back so there was no way to even walk in the space.  ?

I was putting the plants back on the lower shelves.  One of them, unnoticed by me, had a 3/16" dowel holding up a dead orchid bloom.  As I turned back down and picked it up, the dowel poked straight up my right nostril and made a crunching sound when it couldn't get any further up my nasal passage.  Insert many, and I mean many expletives here.  I set the plant down, nicely.  I put the back of my hand up to my nose and when I took it down it was covered in blood.  It was a gusher.  I sniffed and the blood went up further into my nasal passage.  I spit and it was also bloody.  Pinched my nose and it quit bleeding pretty quickly.  Still sore this morning.  I will pay more attention to the orchid dowels from now on.  ? 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2