Ryders Cup 2018

Dottleshead

28 minutes ago, Dottles said:

What's worse is it is 3 a.m. my time.  It's kind of like the World Cup of golf.  It's being played in France this year and the gallery is boisterous.  If I didn't know any better, I'd say they were drunken Scotsmen.  I'll bet @onbike1939 is in the crowd.

The crowds are allus boisterous at the Ryder Cup, they’re one of the special things about it, a unique thing in golf. There was almost an international incident at a recent edition on US soil over the overt and unsporting boorish mob mentality.

2 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

The crowds are allus boisterous at the Ryder Cup, they’re one of the special things about it, a unique thing in golf. There was almost an international incident at a recent edition on US soil over the overt and unsporting boorish mob mentality.

So you agree @onbike1939 is in the crowd?

3 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

I've always believed that Golf is merely a way of spoiling a good walk.

I also think that players should be jailed for wearing those outrageous trousers.

You’re part right part wrong, the trews are great,, I have many pairs of tartan trousers and wear them most days I’m not kilted.

Dottles.....as an act of solidarity I had to call in the Paramedics the night before last, as it seemed I was having another heart attack. As a deterrent against making further calls, the guy insisted on shaving my chest before giving me an ECG which I thought was below the belt....though he didn't shave me below the belt..........

Anyway, it was all good and he guessed that Angina may have been responsible.

11 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

Dottles.....as an act of solidarity I had to call in the Paramedics the night before last, as it seemed I was having another heart attack. As a deterrent against making further calls, the guy insisted on shaving my chest before giving me an ECG which I thought was below the belt....though he didn't shave me below the belt..........

Anyway, it was all good and he guessed that Angina may have been responsible.

George, quit playing around!  Take care of yourself, m'kay?  How the hell am I going to visit you one day if you are dead?!?  Besides, once you've had a heart attack, I hear all the subsequent ones are overrated.

9 hours ago, Dottles said:

Meh.  This year.  All the Europeans play the American courses and some of the Americans bother playing with the European courses.  That's your difference.  All these guys are pros and very close in talent level.

There, there, whining on your grapes makes em taste sour, mate.

I am so especially pleased that the Tiger is tamed and lamed again in this great Team sports event ?

6 hours ago, pedalphile said:

There, there, whining on your grapes makes em taste sour, mate.

I am so especially pleased that the Tiger is tamed and lamed again in this great Team sports event ?

Yeah, Tiger, while improving his status as of late in the golf world -- is not what he used to be.  I understand he had two back operations.  If true, I'm surprised he can even swing a club.  

8 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Yeah, Tiger, while improving his status as of late in the golf world -- is not what he used to be.  I understand he had two back operations.  If true, I'm surprised he can even swing a club.  

Everyone is surprised by his recovery, and his pure talent is probably unsurpassed, it’s just his personal life makes me dislike him, plus his history with this tournament, he’s never been clubable, never the team player type.

Btw it must be all over by now, and last I heard Europe were up in 5 and down in 2, the fat lady was going through her vocal warm ups ?

oh yeah, the Tiger personal life story is pretty disgusting.  I find myself rooting for him as of late because he's had his share of adversity and when he's being interviewed these days, you can tell that his has real 'dickiness' has left.  He does seem to be more humble.

As for the cup, the American's split with the Europeans yesterday so it was 10-6 with individual play set for today.  I'm about to watch some of it delayed as I didn't stay up until 3 a.m. this morning when it started live. I'm pretty sure you guys have this.  I'm not a huge fan so I'm happy for you guys.  Sure I root for our guys but I am more of a fan of the game -- from a distance.  I basically watch the Masters and I loosely follow the top guys -- if I even do.  In fact this year was the first Ryders Cup I've ever watched -- and compared to the other tournaments where it's a gentleman's game and they are all completing against themselves -- it was kind of fun watching it in the competitive rounds. 

1 hour ago, pedalphile said:

Everyone is surprised by his recovery, and his pure talent is probably unsurpassed, it’s just his personal life makes me dislike him, plus his history with this tournament, he’s never been clubable, never the team player type.

Btw it must be all over by now, and last I heard Europe were up in 5 and down in 2, the fat lady was going through her vocal warm ups ?

It is done.  Europe won.  Yay!!  Tiger is a pos of a human.  Talented golfer but that is where the good ends. 

3 hours ago, ___ said:

It is done.  Europe won.  Yay!!  Tiger is a pos of a human.  Talented golfer but that is where the good ends. 

I like the Texan Spieth. But it's important that you don't let @jsharr yet again know that there is another person in Texas I like.  I still have dibs on his front lawn.