Effing coworker

Parsnip Totin Jack

Lady behind me, her Dad passed away Sunday. It was expected, he was in a wheelchair, in assisted living. She has spent all day on the phone making arrangements. Speaking loudly. Sorry your dad passed but could you stay home and take care of this? She’s leaving at 2:30 to visit her mom. Can’t come soon enough.

19 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Lady behind me, her Dad passed away Sunday. It was expected, he was in a wheelchair, in assisted living. She has spent all day on the phone making arrangements. Speaking loudly. Sorry your dad passed but could you stay home and take care of this? She’s leaving at 2:30 to visit her mom. Can’t come soon enough.

Well, if you company is like everyone I've worked for, you only get two days for bereavement.  So funeral and viewing pretty much covers that, so sometimes you have no choice but to have to be in the office and try take care of shit.  This is one area where I think a lot of companies suck.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Indy said:

Well, if you company is like everyone I've worked for, you only get two days for bereavement.  So funeral and viewing pretty much covers that, so sometimes you have no choice but to have to be in the office and try take care of shit.  This is one area where I think a lot of companies suck.

Our company permits three day bereavement leave, but they're pretty flexible. If you want more time off you can use vacation leave if the workload permits. Effing coworker has been here for 15 years and has plenty of leave available. Viewing and funeral are on Monday and Tuesday. She's been leaving early every day this week. I don't care if she does it on company time, not my business. I'm annoyed with the loud phone conversations right behind me. I wouldn't broadcast my business in the office. Especially asking about her Father's multiple life insurance policies two days after he died. Poor taste in my opinion.

24 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Our company permits three day bereavement leave, but they're pretty flexible. If you want more time off you can use vacation leave if the workload permits. Effing coworker has been here for 15 years and has plenty of leave available. Viewing and funeral are on Monday and Tuesday. She's been leaving early every day this week. I don't care if she does it on company time, not my business. I'm annoyed with the loud phone conversations right behind me. I wouldn't broadcast my business in the office. Especially asking about her Father's multiple life insurance policies two days after he died. Poor taste in my opinion.

Just copy down the stuff you hear, use the call log on the office phones and then call back and get the agent to send some $$$ your way.  Keep your voice down.  Oh, and use her phone when you do this.....

• Haha 1