Imelda

BuffJim

11 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’ve never seen that name before, but I’ve been to the beaches in Cancun and the Dominican Republic and find it appropriate.

I first remember it from sailing / pirate books.  Maybe one of the Hornblower books?   Old Man and the Sea?  or maybe in "Racing through Paradise by William F Buckley.  If you have not read his sailing books, you should.  I would be glad to lend you my copy.

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

I first remember it from sailing / pirate books.  Maybe one of the Hornblower books?   Old Man and the Sea?  or maybe in "Racing through Paradise by William F Buckley.  If you have not read his sailing books, you should.  I would be glad to lend you my copy.

Thanks, I just ordered the trilogy. Will take on vacation.

18 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

This isn’t the couple who left the South Pacific to deliver a yacht to California only to hit a hurricane? 

No, solo sailor had to bail in the middle of the night, in the middle of the ocean. Lived 76 days on a life raft. Pretty resourceful guy.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrift:_76_Days_Lost_At_Sea

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Here in SE VA, we are starting to feel the effects of Humberto.  Supposed to be windy (NE) and have minor tidal flooding over the next two days.  Cool, though.  I am looking forward to cool.   :)

We need a concerned emoji. You are welcome to come to Greenville. You can't come to Bella's house for tea but I'll stock the fridge with Cheerwine and Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper. 

• Heart 1