Jay Leno's Garage Last Night

Razors Edge

...was running some sort of 10 best (scariest) moments from the show.  The final one was a monster hemi that rolled with him in it, but the one shortly before it was a sidecar motorcycle ride he got to do.  @BR46 hopefully saw it.  The monkey was fun to watch and I can imagine having Jay driving - a novice of sorts - was probably a LOT of extra effort to react to.

The Hemi crash (since @maddmaxx asked :whistle: )

36 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...and for BR46:

Jay Leno's shop Forman is Bernard Juchli and the monkey is Kevin Kautzki. Kevin Facebook page is Kevin Starr. Kevin and I sat around after the races and tipped a few beers. As for Bernard he never did apologize for almost talking Wo46's head off when he hit us at Barber motorsports park two years ago. 

This is the sidecar that he is building in that video. 

20181007_082917.thumb.jpg.a0ccac0e72bf687b24ed60ef857bda1d.jpg

20181007_083557.thumb.jpg.e2147f34ba23e67ae36a50c8e2462d23.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

...was running some sort of 10 best (scariest) moments from the show.  The final one was a monster hemi that rolled with him in it, but the one shortly before it was a sidecar motorcycle ride he got to do.  @BR46 hopefully saw it.  The monkey was fun to watch and I can imagine having Jay driving - a novice of sorts - was probably a LOT of extra effort to react to.

The Hemi crash (since @maddmaxx asked :whistle: )

I know this car, although it's a newer body style than the original. HUG and the Lil Red Wagon were normal fixtures in the Sunday Sunday Sunday shows back in the day.  The crash was sort of silly as the attempt to turn that tightly on low air pressure drag tires was an event waiting to happen.  Fortunately it was at a pretty low speed.  I know it rolled a number of times but when you put those big slicks on a car they act like giant springs.  Knowing that the crash was coming I spent most of my time hoping that Jay would get his fn hand off the roof and back in the car.

Rear engined Funny or FX cars never worked out so well as racers.  Most were converted to wheelstanding show cars.  There might have been more, but the only successful one was Jim Dunn's car.