Dropper posts in road racing?

Randomguy

1 hour ago, dennis said:

Yes, it could work. The ounces won't matter. They can make the frame lighter. Hitting the weight limit has never been a problem.

This, many pro teams have to add weight to the team bikes to get them to the minimum weight standard anyway. Something like the AXS system with wireless toggle button on the bar is really light & stealthy too.  

I don’t believe it’s being done for road racing but totally doable.

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

This, many pro teams have to add weight to the team bikes to get them to the minimum weight standard anyway. Something like the AXS system with wireless toggle button on the bar is really light & stealthy too.  

I don’t believe it’s being done for road racing but totally doable.

My buddy's Diverge's 1x GRX Di2 uses the left shifter as the dropper post activator.  That's a wise use of an otherwise unused part of the shifter.  I assume on the 2x with droppers, it would have to be a more traditional switch.

22 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

My buddy's Diverge's 1x GRX Di2 uses the left shifter as the dropper post activator.  That's a wise use of an otherwise unused part of the shifter.  I assume on the 2x with droppers, it would have to be a more traditional switch.

Yeah when I was shopping droppers for the anthem I saw there are road bar levers that you can fit on the top or in the bend of the bar.  It’s not that complicated but the AXS dropper is completely wireless so I’d think a big budget pro team would go that route rather than string cables through the frame & attach a lever to the bars.