Moving is such fun

Parsnip Totin Jack

1 minute ago, Further said:

I need one of those engine hoists. Handy things to have around.

That they are. We moved a one ton axle onto the 18’ trailer with the XJ on it to be able to use the engine hoist for the tire machine. My son has expensive hobbies but it’s still better than heroin. He is going to scrap the XJ after he pulls the engine, transmission, and transfer case. He fabricated a bracket to attach a mount for the hoist. I can’t complain as he is happy working on his toys. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

23 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

He hasn’t mounted one yet, just wants it for his shop. Needs a big air compressor to run it. When he gets the tons mounted on his JK he’s putting 37’s on.

Nice.  That's gonna be awesome.  We have worked a lot on the XJ the past week.  I put the one ton steering on it and made sure that the wheels would work with the steer kit.  Of course once I got it mounted up the driver's side tie rod end was rubbing the wheel at full lock.  Me and a buddy used a grinder and gave it a little "clearnance" and all is good now.  When we did that we noticed that the driver's side brake caliper was dragging.  I was going to rebuild it, but at 28 bucks for a new one, it was just not worth my time.  So yesterday we slapped a new caliper on it.  

The rear leaf springs are hitting the body on big potholes and bumps so I have ordered a set of boomerang shackles and I think that should fix it.  He is sitting on 32" taars right now, I think it would be dope with 37's but he needs to drive it every day.  Maybe one of these days it will have tons and 37's as well.

• Awesome 1