Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis for Wed, 10 Mar 2021

Comic Bot

I'd honestly say "my" happiness level is relatively unchanged over the modern era, however I definitely see folks who are impacted severely by the digital age (and related rise of social media).  I don't know though if those folks are simply prone to anxiety as they age or if the social media is driving it.  A lot of times, how folks are thinking and feeling are not easily known when you aren't in their immediate presence, but that changed once billions of folks became able to BROADCAST it to the world.

31 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'd honestly say "my" happiness level is relatively unchanged over the modern era, however I definitely see folks who are impacted severely by the digital age (and related rise of social media).  I don't know though if those folks are simply prone to anxiety as they age or if the social media is driving it.  A lot of times, how folks are thinking and feeling are not easily known when you aren't in their immediate presence, but that changed once billions of folks became able to BROADCAST it to the world.

The internet giveth and the internet taketh away.  While it's a great way to communicate with friends and learn things, not to mention online shopping but it's also a  wretched hive of scum and villainy full of BS and outright crap.

• Heart 1