Da Meter Update

Kzoo

I called down to Paducah to get an update.  I talked to Darrell.  Darrell is Bert's brother from a different father.  That would make them half-brothers and cousins.  Well, Darrell says the Meter should be ready to ship out the end of the week.  They got the cyclic diverter inverter quicker than they thought they would (remember, those boys aren't real good at think'n).  So they got after it and got it back together.  They apparently got the wires crossed on the capacitance limiter because, from the way Darrell told it, "Sparks was shoot's clear up to the roof.  Good thing we don't have one of those fancy sprinkler things up there 'cause everything would of got'n wet.  One of Bert's three fingers got burnt real bad and he had to go over to Doc Wilson's to have it bandaged up.  Bert is out of commission until the burn blisters on his waving finger heal up." 

He used a divining rod or something to figure out the problem and is now in the testing phase of this adventure.  Darrell wants me to send him a couple parodies to run through the meter to do the testing.  I'm sending them out vis USPS this afternoon.  Darrell doesn't understand e-mail.  The only thing they use their computer for is to play solitaire.

So if everything goes well I should have Da Meter back and in operation mid next week.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Haha 1

Darrell sounds like a wise soul.

My friend Pete referred to the computer as the magic box. He'd stop by daily to check the magic box for the weather report. We tried to bring Pete into the internet age, so he went to Menards and bought a device called a Klu. It did not work out so well. 

12 minutes ago, dennis said:

he went to Menards and bought a device called a Klu

What did he do with this klu? If he put it under his pillow it would have a chance to seep into his unconscious as he slept. If he hung it on the refrigerator, it is probably doing about as much good as the round tuit Ralph keeps laying around for a rainy day.

32 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I called down to Paducah to get an update.  I talked to Darrell.  Darrell is Bert's brother from a different father.  That would make them half-brothers and cousins.  Well, Darrell says the Meter should be ready to ship out the end of the week.  They got the cyclic diverter inverter quicker than they thought they would (remember, those boys aren't real good at think'n).  So they got after it and got it back together.  They apparently got the wires crossed on the capacitance limiter because, from the way Darrell told it, "Sparks was shoot's clear up to the roof.  Good thing we don't have one of those fancy sprinkler things up there 'cause everything would of got'n wet.  One of Bert's three fingers got burnt real bad and he had to go over to Doc Wilson's to have it bandaged up.  Bert is out of commission until the burn blisters on his waving finger heal up." 

He used a divining rod or something to figure out the problem and is now in the testing phase of this adventure.  Darrell wants me to send him a couple parodies to run through the meter to do the testing.  I'm sending them out vis USPS this afternoon.  Darrell doesn't understand e-mail.  The only thing they use their computer for is to play solitaire.

So if everything goes well I should have Da Meter back and in operation mid next week.

Slow day at work?  :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

What did he do with this klu? If he put it under his pillow it would have a chance to seep into his unconscious as he slept. If he hung it on the refrigerator, it is probably doing about as much good as the round tuit Ralph keeps laying around for a rainy day.

I think he had a kid look at it and tell him it was a pos. I'm sure it's sitting in a box in his garage.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Oh, that's too bad.

3 minutes ago, dennis said:

I think he had a kid look at it and tell him it was a pos. I'm sure it's sitting in a box in his garage.

I wonder if I could use this tactic on my buddy that live in or near Jackson Hole?  Tell him is new bike is a POS but I will take it off his hands for a small fee? 

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I wonder if I could use this tactic on my buddy that live in or near Jackson Hole?  Tell him is new bike is a POS but I will take it off his hands for a small fee? 

$800 and it's yours. It is the ultimate adventure mobile. I'll kick in a Arrowhead finisher hat so you can regale your friends with stories.

0103211353.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, dennis said:

$800 and it's yours. It is the ultimate adventure mobile. I'll kick in a Arrowhead finisher hat so you can regale your friends with stories.

0103211353.jpg

$800 for that POS?  I can swing $50 and a six pack of Coors Seltzer and a slightly used pedal wrench hammer.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dennis said:

Could be. My work laptop has been out of commission for a month. Four different IT staff have tried to fix it. At this point, it's a very expensive paperweight. 

So you really could use a slightly used pedal wrench, computer maintenance tool,  hammer.

How many on this forum can say that they’ve been to Paducah? Allow me to be the first. I may have met Darryyll there, I don’t remember. The National Quilt Museum is there. While Wo7 toured the museum and shops, I rode my bike along the Ohio river trail. Later we drove to where the Ohio meets the Mississippi and KY, IL, and MO all gather. We drove into MO just because we wanted to. 

1 minute ago, Old No. 7 said:

I was in Madisonville for an audit not far from there. Did you ever go to Cave in the Rock? We took the ferry from IL to KY there. I learned that’s part of a cross country cycling route. 

No, my Kentucky experiences have been limited to crossing over at Evanston one Christmas, and having Proud Mary sung to me by a waitress in the Cincinnati (area) airport.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

No, my Kentucky experiences have been limited to crossing over at Evanston one Christmas, and having Proud Mary sung to me by a waitress in the Cincinnati (area) airport.

Mine involved a red and white striped bucket and a creepy old guy with a goatee and a string tie.

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Those are his arms and legs.

D037802A-AADF-492D-8F35-96963EADBE58.png

Funny story.  Current boss and owned a bunch of companies.  One was a record label and one of the biggest groups they had was Hellafied Funk Crew, better known locally as HFC.  Here is one of their albums.

H.F.C. [Explicit] by Hellafied Funk Crew on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

Boss has a framed CD, cover and cease and desist order from KFC hanging on his office wall.

• Awesome 1