I got another shot today

Randomguy

Cortisone in the knee, which feels much improved already.   I got lightheaded about a minute after (lasted about 5 minutes), is that a common thing or just a RG thing?

Dr. wants me to get a some other stuff in both knees, too, plus physical therapy.   Now only a hundred other things to sort!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I think there is epinephrine in it too.  Probably reacted to that.

You won't die.  Or you will.

I was already dead when I went in, so nothing to worry about!

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

You’ve got to be up to 15G by now? Cell reception better? Faster up and download times? Is silverware sticking to you?

I think knee microchips are different, according the morans that are all on about that stuff.  "No, only Covid vaccines have the Gates Microchip Technology built right in!"   Hahahahahaha!

Every time you visit a doctor is a microchipping opportunity if you are a foil-head lunatic, because your phone couldn't possibly ever be used to ID your location and history.  :wacko:

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

What's wrong w/ your knees?

What isn't wrong with them?

Euflexxa is the other stuff he wants to do, we will see if insurance will pay for that.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Cortisone

Euflexxa

My doctor says that cortisone reduces pain but might be harmful to the knee in the long run. I was on crutches a few years ago after foolishly doing some running. I got a series of three EUFLEXXA injections in the knee. Didn't even need a topical pain killer for the shots. It was like a miracle. Two days after the first shot the pain mostly went away. By the third shot there was no pain. They said that I might need a series of shots every year, but 3 years later I haven't needed them. Of course I stopped running.

https://www.euflexxa.com/

4 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

My doctor says that cortisone reduces pain but might be harmful to the knee in the long run.

I brought this up with the doctor, letting him know that I have had cortisone shots in the knee when I was much younger.  I told him that the knee felt weaker and less structurally sound after getting a number of them when I was about18 - 20 years old.  I really didn't want to get this particular shot at all, you see.

He said that the shots are better now than when I had them 35+ years ago, but then he delivered the real kicker.  "It isn't like you have a lot of cartilage in that knee now, anyway".

8 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I got a series of three EUFLEXXA injections in the knee. Didn't even need a topical pain killer for the shots. It was like a miracle. Two days after the first shot the pain mostly went away. By the third shot there was no pain. They said that I might need a series of shots every year, but 3 years later I haven't needed them. Of course I stopped running.

I am glad you said that!  If my insurance will cover it, I will get Euflexxa up and down and anywhere else I can.  He still said I am gonna need new knees eventually, but my first orthopedic guy I ever had said I would have at least one new knee by the time I was 35.  I will keep my original equipment for as long as they don't get too bad.

• Heart 1