Sunday dinner

Airehead

I made it most of last week with very little cooking..which with the heat, a condo meeting and 2 nights of no hot water(making clean up a challenge)

I plan to do some more pre prep today...got another chicken boob to pound and grill..and a chicken sausage pasta to make. That with my black beans and hummus should fill out food agenda

• Heart 1

I'm having this:  Diced rotisserie chicken white meat with gravy on bread and veggies.  I may just do mashed potatoes prepared from half an Idahoan Wisconsin Cheddar Mashed Potatoes packet instead of French Style Green Beans and Stewed Tomatoes.

Three pieces of 647 Bread with light butter is topped with diced, 1/4 of the 16-22 oz. of white chicken meat I strip off the carcass of a $4.99 Costco Rotisserie Chicken (after I've had the leg quarters and wings in 2 previous meals).  I make 3-4 cups of gravy with the bones, carcass, skin, and drippings, first creating a chicken stock with diced: 1/4 sweet onion, 2 baby carrots, 1 stalk of celery and 1 tbsp dry Italian seasoning.  It's then converted to a delicious gravy with a butter/flour roux and a tbsp of Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base. That, plus 12 pieces of buttered bread, makes four meals!  Look at how thick the chicken gravy is: not the runny stuff from a chicken gravy mix packet that mostly ends down on the plate.

20220201_183609_impr_900p.jpg.ca36b8bb0a3ae956cc581a3c47a84035.jpg

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I'm having this:  Diced rotisserie chicken white meat with gravy on bread and veggies.  I may just do mashed potatoes prepared from half an Idahoan Wisconsin Cheddar Mashed Potatoes packet instead of French Style Green Beans and Stewed Tomatoes.

Three pieces of 647 Bread with light butter is topped with diced, 1/4 of the 16-22 oz. of white chicken meat I strip off the carcass of a $4.99 Costco Rotisserie Chicken (after I've had the leg quarters and wings in 2 previous meals).  I make 3-4 cups of gravy with the bones, carcass, skin, and drippings, first creating a chicken stock with diced: 1/4 sweet onion, 2 baby carrots, 1 stalk of celery and 1 tbsp dry Italian seasoning.  It's then converted to a delicious gravy with a butter/flour roux and a tbsp of Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base. That, plus 12 pieces of buttered bread, makes four meals!  Look at how thick the chicken gravy is: not the runny stuff from a chicken gravy mix packet that mostly ends down on the plate.

20220201_183609_impr_900p.jpg.ca36b8bb0a3ae956cc581a3c47a84035.jpg

That seems like a fall meal. Has it cooled off in Bal’mor