Updates, please

Airehead

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Man! You come out of surgery way better than HoSmudge! He's never glad to know something has been fixed for him. Always Mr. Mopey. If you need someone to be with you on a surgery day, I'll do it!

And congratulations on a successful surgery!

Thanks!  I think it is all relative to the change to how good you feel before and after! 

That was me last week when I was steadily getting worser instead of better, could not eat, drink, or keep anything down and the smell or sight or thought of food nauseated me. What a horribibble thing to feel so shittily!  And later after I was halfway back to health, even though IV antibiotics were probably keeping it at bay, that shitty gall bladder had to be bringing me down, because after the second surgery I felt like doing laps like a dog who has just had a good poop!  :D

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

Thanks!  I think it is all relative to the change to how good you feel before and after! 

That was me last week when I was steadily getting worser instead of better, could not eat, drink, or keep anything down and the smell or sight or thought of food nauseated me. What a horribibble thing to feel so shittily!  And later after I was halfway back to health, even though IV antibiotics were probably keeping it at bay, that shitty gall bladder had to be bringing me down, because after the second surgery I felt like doing laps like a dog who has just had a good poop!  :D

One of the greatest reliefs I ever experienced was after gall bladder removal.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

21 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

One of the greatest reliefs I ever experienced was after gall bladder removal.

You and me both, brother!  So the sturgical resident who has been on my case throughout was just in. He said the gall bladder looked fine last Monday on the appendix cat scan, but by this Saturday it looked like hell!  A good lesson for the patient to just not have perceived ideas of what could be wrong. I mean the ileus had to be the most significant cause of my misery last week but the rotten gall bladder was probably a piece of it too. When they first told me aboot the gall bladder I was initially just like “what the fuck, my organs are failing in sequential order?”  Thankfully it was the first and second least needed ones! 

7 minutes ago, smudge said:

Honestly, I think your great attitude is going to help you heal too. I'm very happy for you.

Thank you!  I thought of you when I was down in the testing department - damn Siemens is into everything!  Damn expensive looking machines! Then I thought of parr8 and DH’s Kevin when on the floor. They have a very nice nursing staff here. Last night’s was great because she nixed all the stoopid vitals checks that wake you up through the night. And she timed the IV so I could be untethered for a few hours during the night.