Speaking of August

Parsnip Totin Jack

The eighth month marks the beginning of Hatch chile season. Soon the region surrounding Hatch NM will be inundated with the heady aroma of roasted chile peppers. Fortunately, the Wegmans near me carries them and has a roasting drum at the store one Saturday this month. Owl have to check their event calendar. @Dottleshead, are they available fresh in your neck of Whatcom county?

• Heart 4

5 hours ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

The eighth month marks the beginning of Hatch chile season. Soon the region surrounding Hatch NM will be inundated with the heady aroma of roasted chile peppers. Fortunately, the Wegmans near me carries them and has a roasting drum at the store one Saturday this month. Owl have to check their event calendar. @Dottleshead, are they available fresh in your neck of Whatcom county?

<perk>

wow. We have not seen that but we know the owner of a Tamale restaurant who is from NM and she would know. Thanks for the heads up Jack! Yo da man.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, UglyBob said:

I'll be roasting and restocking the freezer. I think I'm down to one pack in there right now. It also means it's time for stuffed flank steak with roasted corn and papas con chili on the side.

Stuffed with what?

I would make a road trip to Hatch NM for this

Beans was the one who turned me on to Hatch chilies. He always had an annual post about a road trip to buy bushels of Hatch chilis 

I have some in the garden, if I kept my seeds straight I'll be able to identify them. But it's not same as Hatch chilis from Hatch 

• Like 1

I had to get a couple things from Fry’s this afternoon. They were roasting Hatch chilies. I picked up a bag. He said they will be doing it for 5 more weeks. I will probably get more. 
My friend who lived in the Caymans used to live in ABQ. She is the one who turned me on to them. When we first moved the girls to AZ, before I got to meet @MoseySusan in person, my son and I took the southern route with the van. We stopped in Las Cruces NM and found a place with delicious Hatch Chili burritos! I’ve been a fan since!