Whelp last call

Longjohn

The antique lady that wanted my vanity never showed up. I posted it again and if nobody shows up owl burn it. I don’t know what owl do with the big round mirror.

It’s over 100 years old, it is a shame to burn it.

Judie and I drug this thing down the stairs by ourselves. I thought for free someone would have come and got it.82E01574-5ED4-4A7E-B3A3-3F13A0C7FE64.jpeg.a6ac39c3842a4d44a077a362dd9baad3.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

That is pretty nice to burn.

As a beginning furniture maker it does bother me that old furniture gets so little respect. Particleboard crap from Ikea I understand throwing away, but well made, solid wood stuff, that does bother me.

That vanity is veneer, but I'll bet it is veneer over solid wood.

And it is matched veneer.  

• Heart 1

58 minutes ago, Further said:

That is pretty nice to burn.

As a beginning furniture maker it does bother me that old furniture gets so little respect. Particleboard crap from Ikea I understand throwing away, but well made, solid wood stuff, that does bother me.

That vanity is veneer, but I'll bet it is veneer over solid wood.

And it is matched veneer.  

The whole thing is about to be "matched"!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

Take it to an antique store somewhere and let them make you an offer.   Or just give it to them.

That's better than burning it. 

I’m tired of hauling furniture around. The reason I’m getting rid of it is to make room for Judies furniture which I already hauled up here but couldn’t set up because that was in the way. An antique dealer said she wanted it and said she would pick it up the 14th. No show. I called her and she said she forgot. Said she would get it on the 20th. No show after we waited all day for her. I called her and she said she got stung by a bee and swelled up. Said she would get it on the 21st. Waited all day no show. Now I would rather burn it than give it to her.

A guy I worked with said he will get it tomorrow.

• Hugs 1