3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

If I get a syringe instead of using my little bottles, I might take you up on that!  I have a few bottles left.

The threaded adapter on the Stan's syringe works good, but I think over time the threads got a little deformed from use :dontknow: The 3D print is a hard plastic (PLA). I'm hoping when I screw it on and bottom out on the presta valve, little or no leakage will occur :)  The valve stems on tubeless are easy to turn, and I don't like disrupting the seal at the rim hole. Which sometimes happens when tightening the core, but I lightly grab the stem w/ plars.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I just use those little Stans bottles. They have the pointy spouts.

When I ordered my bike I ordered a big bottle of Stan’s, I didn’t know how much I would need. I didn’t need that much.

15 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

When I ordered my bike I ordered a big bottle of Stan’s, I didn’t know how much I would need. I didn’t need that much.

I put 4oz in each taar. Not sure what is recommended. But over over it dries up, and you'll need to add some, or if you get a puncture. IMO its better to buy the bigger bottle.

35 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I put 4oz in each taar. Not sure what is recommended. But over over it dries up, and you'll need to add some, or if you get a puncture. IMO its better to buy the bigger bottle.

The Stans are like 2oz each.  I usually chuck in a bottle or so periodically. I need to do it again for since it has been a while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I buy the big bottle & use the syringe.  That’s really cool BTW, let us know how it works for you.  My syringe is several years old & cruddy but it still works fine. 

I think the little bottles are “dosed” so the smaller bottles are for road, the bigger bottles are MTB.  Having watched many mechanics put sealant in, a little too much is perfectly fine.  Also, some tires need the sealant to seal the tires so a little more is needed. 

As I have two tubeless bikes I get the big bottle, replace the sealant annually & top them up at 6 months.  

• Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, dinneR said:

I buy the 32oz bottle. Between my gf and myself we have 6 sets of wheels that are tubeless. I use about 1oz of sealant per inch of tire width.

Same here, currently I'm using Stans. I've also used Bontrager. I never know how much to use, but I set them up today w/ 2 oz. They're 700x35. I have the gravel & fat tubeless.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1