Boeing CEO and some others to step down

maddmaxx

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

The media witch hunt ruined them :(

Yes the media went crazy calling "Boeing" on non Boeing problems but still they have some serious issues to resolve quickly.  Quality and documentation in the aviation business is not to be trifled with because the down side is often the death of passengers.

Boeing got slack.

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The CEO will get millions I bet.  Sad.  

What part of "success" is "sad"?

In many cases, these guys will not only get nice going away packages, they'll also fid new homes making as much or more.  Don't view it as bad for them to move on, but rather a chance to find greener pastures somewhere else.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

What part of "success" is "sad"?

In many cases, these guys will not only get nice going away packages, they'll also fid new homes making as much or more.  Don't view it as bad for them to move on, but rather a chance to find greener pastures somewhere else.

Maybe they can take down Airbus next? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dottleshead said:

I do not think the brass is a scapegoat here.  They are the problem.

But probably not the whole problem. Shirley the board of directors is culpable too. Easy for them to say “that damn management team”. We told them not to cut corners. Harumph!

2 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

But probably not the whole problem. Shirley the board of directors is culpable too. Easy for them to at that damn management team. We told them not to cut corners. Harumph!

You are correct sir! It's systemic but you cannot hope to change the culture unless you cut the head off the snake.  I'm not saying it's going to improve but the opportunity for it now exists.

2 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

You are correct sir! It's systemic but you cannot hope to change the culture unless you cut the head off the snake.  I'm not saying it's going to improve but the opportunity for it now exists.

The biggest takeaway I have from all this is always wear your damn seatbelt!  

11 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

We had an asshole in charge of the mill for a year or so, a real prick, 60 salaried people quit while he was in charge. But what I came to say, during his meet & greet when he was introducing himself he rattled off all the high powered jobs he had had.

A hillbilly in the crowd drawled "sounds like you can't hold a job" 

• Awesome 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Further said:

We had an asshole in charge of the mill for a year or so, a real prick, 60 salaried people quit while he was in charge. But what I came to say, during his meet & greet when he was introducing himself he rattled off all the high powered jobs he had had.

A hillbilly in the crowd drawled "sounds like you can't hold a job" 

Yep.  Fail your way to the top? Have multiple bankruptcies, a reputation for screwing customers & vendors, a shady business & social life, but talk a good game and make it to CEO and board rooms.  The American way when others can pay for your mistakes.

Rest assured, the Boeing folks who are moving on are moving on to GREENER pastures.  They will be fine. More than fine.