TIWD

groupw

3 minutes ago, groupw said:

stainless panel

All our new appliances are stainless steel and I am already tired of the way they show marks. :(  I was happy with the old white stuff, but that wasn't the direction we went with the kitchen changes.

• Thank You 1

We will definitely need a full review when you used it a bit, I am curious about induction stoves and have never used one.  I am a gas guy all the way, but induction may move the needle a little bit once I know more.

Looks nice!

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

32 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

We will definitely need a full review when you used it a bit, I am curious about induction stoves and have never used one.  I am a gas guy all the way, but induction may move the needle a little bit once I know more.

Looks nice!

I have been a gas guy for over 40 years. It just wasn’t financially practical to run a gas line to the kitchen. My son suggested we investigate induction. Aside from having to replace a couple pans, not seeing a lot of downside. I’ll be happy to report. 

42 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

All our new appliances are stainless steel and I am already tired of the way they show marks. :(  I was happy with the old white stuff, but that wasn't the direction we went with the kitchen changes.

We’ve had a stainless fridge since we moved here. WOW wanted it in the stove too. The previous black stove made that part of the kitchen too dark for her. After 40 years of white stoves, she wanted different. 

• Like 1

@Randomguy - WoW was checking her pots and pans to make sure which ones were compatible. She was putting a cup of water in and setting on high. The first was the truest test since she kept repouring the water. Said it took less than a minute to reach full boil. 
Only a few pans didn’t pass. They were all aluminum. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

They forgot the knobs.  Did you look in the bottom of the box?

Maybe you just use the iphone app.

2 hours ago, groupw said:

@Randomguy - WoW was checking her pots and pans to make sure which ones were compatible. She was putting a cup of water in and setting on high. The first was the truest test since she kept repouring the water. Said it took less than a minute to reach full boil. 
Only a few pans didn’t pass. They were all aluminum. 

Quick temperature changes are the real test, for those things you bring to a boil, then immediately to a simmer after.  That is much of the problem I have with electrical, that and getting used to what settings mean in the real world, like medium-low or medium high or somesuch.

Please do yourself a favor and don't get crappy all-clad cookware to replace the aluminum.   I have a vendetta against them and their incredibly shitty handle ergonomics, you see, and the people/apologists who enable them to continue to sell horrible products as high-end.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Quick temperature changes are the real test, for those things you bring to a boil, then immediately to a simmer after.  That is much of the problem I have with electrical, that and getting used to what settings mean in the real world, like medium-low or medium high or somesuch.

I've been told (and a bazillion chefs prove this) "a poor craftsman blames his tools".  :dontknow:

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I've been told (and a bazillion chefs prove this) "a poor craftsman blames his tools".  :dontknow:

You can cook on an engine block, but it doesn't make it a joy to do so.  Gas is the gold standard and everything else has been pretty crappy that I have tried, but I haven't tried induction yet.  Induction sounds like it has solved some of the issues, so I want to hear how it does in the real world at Groupw's house.

• Haha 1