Wow, just woke up from a dream where I was a killer and the noose was tightening

Randomguy

It was one of the dreams that felt 'real', too.

I had apparently killed several people and I had no information in the dream of how many people that I killed, how or why I did it, or what I did with the bodies, just that I did it.  It also wasn't premeditated, and I hadn't wanted to kill anybody, but somehow I did.

I was trying to figure out how better to conceal evidence, blur timelines, and if I should stay in the same area or not, and I was apparently there for the summer.  There was a house I was staying in with secret compartments kinda built in, and I had distributed evidence (apparently in cd cases) in different spots in this house.  I might have left evidence in at least one other house in another neighborhood, as well.

I had to go back to the other house and try to find evidence I may have left, too, but people in the neighborhood had blurred images of several people it could have been, including me, in a group photo, so I had to be careful about being seen.  For some reason, I had to do it now, too, because the seasons were changing and the days getting longer was working against me.  Also, the owners of the house would be back in several weeks and might uncover the evidence I might have forgotten about.

It was all very confused in the dream, and very troubling.   In real life, I have never hurt anyone, btw.

Discus.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

But you can kill people without them feeling a thing. :) 

Good point.

Interesting that I was in 'getting away with it' mode, and never considered turning myself in while in the dream.  In the dream, I was realizing that there were lots of loose ends, too.

7 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I am thinking a fair bit of this is caused by the CPAP machine.  It is definitely changing my sleep in weird ways.

I bet the extra air is helping you dream more. 
And BTW - I heard some people are looking for you…

• Haha 3

Key Takeaways:

Dreams about killing someone rarely indicate a real desire for violence, despite the popular opinion.

These can emerge from various psychological states, including stress, transition periods, or during times of difficult decision-making.

The subconscious uses such dreams to communicate unresolved issues, desires for change, or deep-seated fears.

• Heart 1