Sherlock

Zealot

7 years for detective drama series is a good run these recent years.  I found the characterization of Sherlock interesting and for sure, initially viewers probably had to take time to get into his character.  I've only seen a couple of shows.

Did you ever see the series "Six Feet Under".  About a guy who runs his family's funeral home which of course, the show features a plot involving unusual death circumstances. Then substories about his slightly depressed girlfriend, etc.  I enjoyed the series at that time.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

@MoseySusan Well, sometimes Wikipedia isn't always "accurate". The entry is very effusive. The more I remember the series, in general (not specific plots) since that was a long time ago, now I think you would enjoy it and some other folks here too.

It is fearless in its approach to storytelling and, far more often than not, succeeds in the risks it takes" and "there is much to admire about this series, including top-notch performances, artful direction and creative storytelling that employs various techniques, including dream sequences and parody commercials. Best of all, though, is Ball's introspection and the insight he provides about society, the funeral industry, and family relationships."[33

46 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I think you would enjoy it and some other folks here too.

Google says it’s available in Netflix. I’ll look for it after we’ve viewed enough of The Twilight Zone. :blink: 

3 hours ago, shootingstar said:

7 years for detective drama series is a good run these recent years.  I found the characterization of Sherlock interesting and for sure, initially viewers probably had to take time to get into his character.  I've only seen a couple of shows.

Did you ever see the series "Six Feet Under".  About a guy who runs his family's funeral home which of course, the show features a plot involving unusual death circumstances. Then substories about his slightly depressed girlfriend, etc.  I enjoyed the series at that time.

Cumberbatch did a fabulous job with the character!  

No, I haven’t seen “Six Feet Under”. Will have to look into it. We watched all twelve seasons of “Bones”, which also dealt with unusual deaths/homicides. The character development over the course of the series was excellent. And so relatable for many. 

36 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Cumberbatch did a fabulous job with the character!  

No, I haven’t seen “Six Feet Under”. Will have to look into it. We watched all twelve seasons of “Bones”, which also dealt with unusual deaths/homicides. The character development over the course of the series was excellent. And so relatable for many. 

I've never seen any show of Bones after reading the Wikipedia summary for it.  Six Feet Under is a bit different with a family characters' slant to it, with subplots in addition to the unusual death case / episode.

5 hours ago, Zealot said:

So, Mrs Z and I finished binge watching all four seasons last night. Oh, I very, very much enjoyed it!!! And am very bummed that it ended. 

Very nicely done twist in the last episode. 😊 

I did like that show a lot, each actor was perfect for their parts. 

• Like 1