Too Many Snacks

ChrisL

My wife wanted to get some Indo food she was missing so we got some grub and some snacks. I grubbed hard for lunch enjoying home food I don't get often.

Got on the scale today and I gained 5 lbs from Sunday!?!?!?  My pants fit the same so I'm guessing my body will adjust in the next few days.  

Damn it sure was good tho!

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

My wife wanted to get some Indo food she was missing so we got some grub and some snacks. I grubbed hard for lunch enjoying home food I don't get often.

Got on the scale today and I gained 5 lbs from Sunday!?!?!?  My pants fit the same so I'm guessing my body will adjust in the next few days.  

You consumed like 15,000 extra calories???????

Tom

I kinda felt the same way yesterday.  We had 2 grandkids for the weekend and that meant taking them to Culver's on Friday night, making waffles on Saturday morning, late lunch at Red Robin Saturday afternoon and pizza Saturday evening.  Even though I was careful wow much I consumed at each stop it was way more than I have been eating the last several weeks.  Yesterday was my adjustment day to get back to a reduced intake program.

14 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

salt.  You have too much water retention.

• Heart 3

That's what I'm guessing. They had these home made fried shrimp crackers.  My mom made them often, would put them in zip lock bags for us.  My wife holds up a zip lock bag of these crackers and nearly burst into tears.... The crackers didn't even make it home!  I ate several other fried items as well.  

We probably should have gotten a meal and split it but we got about $40 worth of snacks and chowed down hard.  Some made it home for the kids tho.

Growing up in an ethnic community that doesn't have a large presence here it's hard to get home food.  I also love the feeling I get when I go into this place.  The smells, the food items and a bunch of old women that remind me  of my mom.  Seems all Indo women look like they are related. 

I had a sweet lady ask me in Dutch if I was Indo, I responded in Dutch that i was.  She then asked why I didnt marry an Indo girl!?!?!?  I busted up laughing saying they are hard to find here in Dutch?  She busted up laughing, gave me a pat on the arm and I gave her a kiss on the cheek which is a Dutch custom and said thanks for the laugh Auntie. Calling older women Auntie "Tante" is a Dutch respect thing.

My wife was like, what was that about?!?!? Uh well you dont want to know...

• Heart 1