The Chicken Sausage

petitepedal

So I made the trek to "Fresh Thyme" on Saturday...hoping to buy a spicy parmesan chicken sausage...1 will pretty much cover 2 meals if I add a little pasta and veggies...and for the third time...they were out :angry:  Yes they will give you a rain check..but wtf this was my third time there looking for that sausage. So I just decided forget it...I mean it is a nice tasting fresh sausage...but hey ...too much bother.  I will just cook something else.

Well I shared the story of my trip with Doris (the resident who has come to my place for Thanksgiving..of the younger crowd :whistle:)  She mentioned she likes their bourbon sausage...but that she doesn't go there very often... I told her...I have given up on going...

Well she went there today...and she brought me 2 sausages...(1 would have been enough...they are huge)  :loveshower:

So tonight's dinner was a little pasta, broccoli and chicken sausage..with a little olive oil and parmesan 

The end

• Heart 3

12 hours ago, petitepedal said:

So I made the trek to "Fresh Thyme" on Saturday...hoping to buy a spicy parmesan chicken sausage...1 will pretty much cover 2 meals if I add a little pasta and veggies...and for the third time...they were out :angry:  Yes they will give you a rain check..but wtf this was my third time there looking for that sausage. So I just decided forget it...I mean it is a nice tasting fresh sausage...but hey ...too much bother.  I will just cook something else.

Well I shared the story of my trip with Doris (the resident who has come to my place for Thanksgiving..of the younger crowd :whistle:)  She mentioned she likes their bourbon sausage...but that she doesn't go there very often... I told her...I have given up on going...

Well she went there today...and she brought me 2 sausages...(1 would have been enough...they are huge)  :loveshower:

So tonight's dinner was a little pasta, broccoli and chicken sausage..with a little olive oil and parmesan 

The end

Great!  I'm having fowl sausage myself this morning: Jimmy Deans Turkey Sausage Breakfast Bowl with Egg Whites, Potatoes, and Cheese. 7 oz, 230 Cal. plus 17-34 Cal. for the 1/4-1/2 cup of Aldi excellent store-brand Casa Mamita Salsa and 15 Cal for the Half-and-Half in my coffee!  I'll probably ruin the super-low-Cal. breakfast with two Tastykake Kandy Kakes, 190 Cal, but under 500 Cal for breakfast and the 120-180 Cal. in Yogurt for lunch and hopefully the weight will keep dropping!

5a8ed1bde7a96_2018_02.20258lbticker.JPG.9202ad4b42f94e46772ba633f4cd8573.JPG

7 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Great!  I'm having fowl sausage myself this morning: Jimmy Deans Turkey Sausage Breakfast Bowl with Egg Whites, Potatoes, and Cheese. 7 oz, 230 Cal. plus 17-34 Cal. for the 1/4-1/2 cup of Aldi excellent store-brand Casa Mamita Salsa and 15 Cal for the Half-and-Half in my coffee!  I'll probably ruin the super-low-Cal. breakfast with two Tastykake Kandy Kakes, 190 Cal, but under 500 Cal for breakfast and the 120-180 Cal. in Yogurt for lunch and hopefully the weight will keep dropping!

5a8ed1bde7a96_2018_02.20258lbticker.JPG.9202ad4b42f94e46772ba633f4cd8573.JPG

You might be hitting calorie count objectives, but that stuff isn't what many would consider food. More like manufactured food product. I'd be worried about sodium intake, sugar, actual nutrition. 

An interesting read, might be worth an hour or two of your time.

Image result for food rules