So wjatcha reading?

Ralphie

Almost done with this!  Excellent book because it is engaging and different, even though at times I think I am reading an infomercial.  But it is inspiring to read this guy's story, where he got dissatisfied with the corporate grind and decided to make his dream a reality.  And the idea seems to simple that you wonder why the flock you didn;t think of it!  Sort of Horatio-Alger-inspiring that a good idea can still be made into a monster if you all pull together as a team!

So of course I just had to check oot plated.com, and the food does look pretty good, but Shirley it is too 'spensive for moi, plus I would feel like a sap for ordering it.  But it looks good on you, @Razors Edge! :D  Don't you use a similar service, Blue Apron or such?  I'll google that!

I saw a blurb on Shark Tank on these guys, but I must just be getting to that in the book.  This is the sweet spot in books for me, something that really gets me thinking. :)

516TVe0D1ML._SX333_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Plus, that is just a damned great picture of a tomahto!

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

So of course I just had to check oot plated.com, and the food does look pretty good, but Shirley it is too 'spensive for moi, plus I would feel like a sap for ordering it.  But it looks good on you, @Razors Edge! :D  Don't you use a similar service, Blue Apron or such?  I'll google that! 

We use Blue Apron and Hello Fresh weekly. Sometimes both, sometimes just one. Depends on the selection.  Both are the same price ($60/3 meals for two).  Gonna try Green Chef in the next week or two.

Tom

I finished book 7 of The Expanse, 2 days ago. Persepolis Rising.

I am in withdrawal. I may pick my 3rd read of the series back up, I was in book 4 when I got 7. What a great story teller.

Yesterday I started Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs, it's one of those great science books that is a pleasure to read.

https://www.amazon.com/Rise-Fall-Dinosaurs-History-World/dp/0062490427/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1531692910&sr=1-3&keywords=rise+and+fall+of+the+dinosaurs&dpID=51cE0khUb4L&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch