Procrastination Paid Off

MickinMD

I was around 20F at 10 am when a couple of my neighbors were shoveling 2-3" of snow from porches, sidewalks and cars.

I saw from the hourly Accuweather forecast that it should reach 39F by 2 pm and stay there until after 4 pm.

So at 4 pm I went out with my shovel and broom.  It took me about 5 minutes to do my front and back porches and about 1 minute to do the little bit of snow on my car.

There's still a little at the edges of the sidewalk, but 48F tomorrow with take care of that!

• Heart 4

It is a great strategy if you don't need to get out before the heat melts stuff.  I generally have to do some snow removal because I am in and out with the pup multiple times, and if I don't remove it, it gets compressed and becomes ice.  But a ton of neighbors never step outside their garages, so they are fine with the delay and let god handle it method.

• Heart 1

We got a couple inches the other day, my neighbors jumped on the opportunity and got out there with shovels & snowblowers & garden tractor plows. I procrastinated, thinking I,ve got a whole winter ahead of me, I can shovel this snow  when I want.

Well, came home from work today, the snow is all gone....... missed my chance....... Damn.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

It is a great strategy if you don't need to get out before the heat melts stuff.  I generally have to do some snow removal because I am in and out with the pup multiple times, and if I don't remove it, it gets compressed and becomes ice.  But a ton of neighbors never step outside their garages, so they are fine with the delay and let god handle it method.

After I got my oil changed and tire replaced Thursday, I did all the shopping I'd need for the weekend knowing there would be light snow throughout the day Friday.

The streets are good now on Sat.